Jets Soar On Plastic Not So Fantastic Pitch

We did play some good stuff in part, some nice passing, we tore through them with ease and pushed them back constantly at the end of the first half, Risdon is getting back to his best for us also.

Yes we missed Roly and Majok and Riera have to put their hands up and say just not good enough. 

The first goal we conceded looked like weak wrists from Vedran to me...might be unfair...but looked like he should have turned that around the post, it wasnt a fiercely hit shot and he wasnt stretching that much and the ball seemed to roll along lol but anyway..

I just feel like saying **** it all...i am out until the new stadium....but wont because i am ******* stupid....why wouldnt i want to watch us get ****ed over in another derby in a few weeks...

Edited by Smoggy
Just now, Smoggy said:

We did play some good stuff in part, some nice passing, we tore through them with ease and pushed them back constantly at the end of the first half, Risdon is getting back to his best for us also.

Yes we missed Roly and Majok and Riera have to put their hands up and say just not good enough. 

The first goal we concede looked like weak wrists from Vedran to me...might be unfair...but looked like he should have turned that around the post, it wasnt a fiercely hit shot and he wasnt stretching that much and the ball seemed to roll along lol but anyway..

I just feel like saying **** it all...i am out until the new stadium....but wont because i am ******* stupid....why wouldnt i want to watch us get ****ed over in another derby in a fee weeks...

The day will come...hopefully....when we will take all our chances we are creating and put away a bagful of goals against someone...........against the smurfs would be good.....!  Sotirio hatrick...! (You know it's going to happen..! :crazy: )

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I just feel like saying **** it all...i am out until the new stadium....but wont because i am ******* stupid....why wouldnt i want to watch us get ****ed over in another derby in a few weeks...

I think the majority of people feel the same way. It's ******* garbage, but I'm a sucker for watching the team.

Fortunately I already have plans for the derby night. And this is not something I would've said three years ago (even if we were at Parra I could live with the losses more, because the experience is so much better). This year I won't see one of the derbies live (home or away) and I am completely fine with that.

We seem to put too much blame on coaches ( all of them) they are the easy target. Sure you can blame them for the subs they make, the players they pick/buy and the plan for the game but they are not on the field. No matter who the coach is, if players consistently miss from a meter out you cannot win games and you cannot blame the coach.

Looking at yesterday's game the plan was good, the build up good, player selection/subs ok (considering the choice) the finishing as dismal as the pitch.

4 minutes ago, tardotz said:

We seem to put too much blame on coaches ( all of them) they are the easy target. Sure you can blame them for the subs they make, the players they pick/buy and the plan for the game but they are not on the field. No matter who the coach is, if players consistently miss from a meter out you cannot win games and you cannot blame the coach.

Looking at yesterday's game the plan was good, the build up good, player selection/subs ok (considering the choice) the finishing as dismal as the pitch.

Fair point doesn’t matter if it’s Popa, Gumby, Foxe or Babbel hard to plan for your marquee striker missing an open header

25 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Fair point doesn’t matter if it’s Popa, Gumby, Foxe or Babbel hard to plan for your marquee striker missing an open header

and put through for a one on one as well, where Riera simply needed to do better.  Sure the kid missed plenty as well but he has played a handful of games and on half his wages. One of those goes in and the complexion of the game changes, whereas when they scored on their first time in our box our heads went down and it was like here we ******* go again in the stands and on the pitch.

We lack both composure (in and around the box), and judgement on the ball. 

We desperately need to make better passing decisions or shoot at the right time instead of insisting on FIVE MORE PASSES as a way of getting it into the net. Lack of judgement. I understand that Newcastle were defending tightly and in numbers in the box, but there were paths to the goal that we dont see or dont know how to penetrate their defense.. That is why we have so many misses and the top teams are putting the ball in our net. They see chances and find the right passes, right movement, to put the into the net.

On top of that we lack composure when we're attacking on a relatively open goal, and faaarrrking miss the easy ones. 

A lesson in frustration. Not all bad but the misses are telling. I was listening to the members around me and natives are restless. A mixture of comments on this thread and a bit of impatience. I hope herr babbel can get these lads into better more cohesive shape. I have condfidence in his abilities, but i am starting to think we might not get away with putting lipstick on this pig 

11 hours ago, Carns said:

In short:

• for 50,60 minutes WSW made Jets look quite poor, despite the absence of senior players, and despite Jets being physically stronger
  • stop the silly mistakes at the back
  • be more clinical up front
  • control the game for 90 minutes, not just 50 or 60 (MB: "If we are active then we are good. If we are not active we are struggling.")
  • the age makeup of the team is problematic,  and the young guys have to grow up quickly
  • Fitzgerald is not playing because he is not tracking back enough
32 minutes ago, EmMac said:

We lack both composure (in and around the box), and judgement on the ball. 

We desperately need to make better passing decisions or shoot at the right time instead of insisting on FIVE MORE PASSES as a way of getting it into the net. Lack of judgement. I understand that Newcastle were defending tightly and in numbers in the box, but there were paths to the goal that we dont see or dont know how to penetrate their defense.. That is why we have so many misses and the top teams are putting the ball in our net. They see chances and find the right passes, right movement, to put the into the net.

On top of that we lack composure when we're attacking on a relatively open goal, and faaarrrking miss the easy ones. 

A lesson in frustration. Not all bad but the misses are telling. I was listening to the members around me and natives are restless. A mixture of comments on this thread and a bit of impatience. I hope herr babbel can get these lads into better more cohesive shape. I have condfidence in his abilities, but i am starting to think we might not get away with putting lipstick on this pig 

What do you do if you miss a sitter to take the lead, concede out of nowhere with a semi own goal, and miss another sitter to equalize? A Merrick side is hard to break down at the best of times, and coming from behind is not the best of times - Merrick admitted that he parked the bus towards the end of the game. Having just two imports on the pitch, but four, five young players doesn't help much either. We are missing Roly badly. 

Saying that: Risdon and Elrich were outstanding, our junior midfield was fantastic for two thirds of the game, considering who they were up against. Abe looked very promising with his speed, and how he got himself in position. Reads the game much better than Sotirio. Sort out the first touch, and he'll be a delight.

57 minutes ago, Davo said:

So all we need to fix is our attack, our defense, our strength, our ability to play for a whole game and players who don’t want to follow the managers instructions.

Ok...

No. Stop gifting goals. Put away sitters. That alone would have been enough to win the game last night, inches made the difference. It ll sort itself out as the young players mature, as will maintaining structure for much of the game. Players who can't keep up will not be part of the squad by next season at the latest. 

I thought we weren't that bad to be honest. Stick away one or two of the clear cuts and we would all be talking top 2 or top 4 today. Agree with others that Risdon had a pretty good game will we be able to keep him in January?

Based on what we saw last season you wouldn't think Riera will be this bad all season, surely.

RBB was good, attendance much better than i thought. Pitch a shocker and the pies were ok. 

Didn't get the result but playing a **** load better then last year. Give the coach and players a chance. RBB was great fun. Hasn't been that good in a long time and the stand in capo can take the credit becuase his enthusiam really made a difference. I'm disappointed with the result but the teams actually showing potential so lets not start crying like little bitches just yet.