Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

JP would of been around when Milligan was at Victory. I would assume JP might have a word with Babbel about it.

Also, I wonder if JP will put in a word about Adama Traore to Babbel as well. (No, I'm not talking about the one from Wolverhampton, I'm talking about the one that formerly played with Victory).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adama-traore/profil/spieler/70209

His contract ends next month with Turkish club Goztepe, which almost got into relegation zone. He plays left back which seems to be a secured spot by Russell at the moment (and I suppose Elrich). Only down fall for him is he picked up a really bad injury and was out for the whole season.

6 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

JP would of been around when Milligan was at Victory. I would assume JP might have a word with Babbel about it.

Also, I wonder if JP will put in a word about Adama Traore to Babbel as well. (No, I'm not talking about the one from Wolverhampton, I'm talking about the one that formerly played with Victory).

His contract ends next month with Turkish club Goztepe, which almost got into relegation zone. He plays left back which seems to be a secured spot by Russell at the moment (and I suppose Elrich). Only down fall for him is he picked up a really bad injury and was out for the whole season.

Can't recall Russell playing at left back this season

24 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Babbel and Traore were in the Swiss league at the same time so I assume he's aware of him

21 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I’d take Milligan in a heartbeat. Aussie, probably won’t be on a heap and commands the midfield. Plus he’s a Western Sydney boy.

Apparently overnight, the commentator doing the Bayern game mentioned that Ribery has signed with a new club and it will be announced tomorrow (European time)

If anyone didn't see it, here's a great way to say goodbye

Edited by dcrow
Video
55 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I’d take Milligan in a heartbeat. Aussie, probably won’t be on a heap and commands the midfield. Plus he’s a Western Sydney boy.

Apparently overnight, the commentator doing the Bayern game mentioned that Ribery has signed with a new club and it will be announced tomorrow (European time)

Want it to be us but thinking it'll be Galatasaray

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

Surely we would have heard upon a press announcement by Wanderers coming up if it was us

On 11/05/2019 at 6:21 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Saudi Arabian club Al-Faisaly have announced they signed Bonevacia. Hope he enjoys their oil blood money.

fixed :ninja:

7 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Here's someone that's could replace Riera. Probably beyond our price range though. But he looking for a new challenge at 31. ;)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/max-kruse/profil/spieler/36182

#NoToKruse

Oh wait...

8 hours ago, hughsey said:

Won’t be on a heap? Been a marquee for Victory when he was there both times & had a few Middle East superannuation safaris. I doubt he will be cheap.

44 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Won’t be on a heap? Been a marquee for Victory when he was there both times & had a few Middle East superannuation safaris. I doubt he will be cheap.

Depends if he wants to come home. He's made plenty of buckeroos overseas and in Melbourne in recent years. I'd rather have him than Brattan.

Now the Bundesliga 1 & 2 are finished, Babbel shouldn't be holidaying. 

Needs to put his nose to the grindstone and get those 4 Europeans with the right mentality signed up. ;)

Edited by Paul01
Added info

On the subject of recruitment, as mentioned before Christian Gentner could be a central midfield possibility, although he is currently involved in relegation playoffs for Stuttgart until 28 May.

It looks like we need probably two more centre backs as well, one likely being foreign. There's a heap from Bund 2 coming off contract, hard to pick which one the most likely, this guy could be a possibility plays in Kruse's team.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrick-fabian/profil/spieler/41319

Another German I found playing in Denmark looks like he has the head to fit in at the Wanderers, has some captaincy experience as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benedikt-rocker/leistungsdaten/spieler/116272/plus/0?saison=2016

42 minutes ago, papersun said:

On the subject of recruitment, as mentioned before Christian Gentner could be a central midfield possibility, although he is currently involved in relegation playoffs for Stuttgart until 28 May.

It looks like we need probably two more centre backs as well, one likely being foreign. There's a heap from Bund 2 coming off contract, hard to pick which one the most likely, this guy could be a possibility plays in Kruse's team.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrick-fabian/profil/spieler/41319

Another German I found playing in Denmark looks like he has the head to fit in at the Wanderers, has some captaincy experience as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benedikt-rocker/leistungsdaten/spieler/116272/plus/0?saison=2016

In my estimation Tass is already a more competent CB than Hamill. Add a Spira, Dylan McGowan, with Elrich as a backup, and we are sorted. If we've signed the Torrejon guy mentioned a few weeks then we will have to wait a bit longer for an announcement. His club is in the play offs for BL promotion.

What seems more urgent is an alternative to the current fullbacks. They are either a little old (Georgievski, Elrich) or a little too young (Cordier, Tass), or a little too out of position (Kamau). We are one injury away from being in trouble.

After signing Schwegler we don't need to think about a Gentner any longer.

Signing BL2-based players is difficult. They are used to earning big bucks, and they are only coming if they actually want to come. Schwegler, Ziegler, Broich - money is/was not their main motivation. The trick is to find the guys who fit that bill.

30 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Leroy George anyone 

Oh wow, had completely forgotten about him.  Was only a season ago that he was hot property.

13 hours ago, FCB said:

Depends if he wants to come home. He's made plenty of buckeroos overseas and in Melbourne in recent years. I'd rather have him than Brattan.

if the club threw money at Milligan i would have no issue. He'd be our captain, he's the current socceroo captain as well (isn't he? :lol: ), he's a Westie, can hit a penalty, and can play DM and CB and is a true leader on the pitch. 

did i also mention he's a westie?

7 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

if the club threw money at Milligan i would have no issue. He'd be our captain, he's the current socceroo captain as well (isn't he? :lol: ), he's a Westie, can hit a penalty, and can play DM and CB and is a true leader on the pitch. 

did i also mention he's a westie?

All good points, but is he a westie?

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic