Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne City 2/03/2021 7:05PM

Given the lineup and substitutions on Saturday Robbo clearly had an eye on this game so I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Troisi, Kamau, Ibini, Aquillina, Georgievski maybe even Mutch starting.

City aren't the team they were last year and if we put it together we have the squad to win this.

be lucky to get a draw i think. the initial okay looking start has not vastly improved. 

hopefully duke gets his scoring boots on, it's looking like he will need to find them fast or it's not going to be pretty. at least it's a short turnaorund so players should be keen to do better than recent times.

Georgievski and O'Doherty are in.
No mention of Lesiotis, Auglah, Cancar or Ziegler

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 2.Ziggy GORDON, 4.Dylan MCGOWAN (C), 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 7.Bruce KAMAU, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Bernie IBINI, 10.Simon COX, 11.Kwame YEBOAH, 12.Mitchell DUKE, 13.Tate RUSSELL, 14.James TROISI, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 18.Graham DORRANS, 19.Jordon MUTCH, 27.Nicolai MULLER, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 30.Daniel MARGUSH, 33.Mark NATTA, 39.Thomas AQUILINA, 40.Noah JAMES (GK). 

Ins: 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI (promoted), 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (promoted)
Outs: N/A
Unavailable: 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (ankle), 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (long term injury)

3 hours ago, Davo said:

Given the lineup and substitutions on Saturday Robbo clearly had an eye on this game so I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Troisi, Kamau, Ibini, Aquillina, Georgievski maybe even Mutch starting.

City aren't the team they were last year and if we put it together we have the squad to win this.

Robbo said Troisi was still recovering and had had only 2 training sessions before the Adelaide game.  There are some niggles and injuries he is managing.

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

If you can shut J Mac down, City are pretty toothless. Can’t see us doing that with 3 at the back though as I don’t think McGowan is agile enough to cover the space left without a second CB. We are very exposed on the counter.

Heavily reliant on ZG saving the day in this situation. He finally cracked on the weekend. Hopefully he resets himself. We are as reliant on ZG at the back as we are on Duke at the front

21 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Heavily reliant on ZG saving the day in this situation. He finally cracked on the weekend. Hopefully he resets himself. We are as reliant on ZG at the back as we are on Duke at the front

Yea between Nix and Adelaide Natta side was targeted a lot. Obviously targeting the younger kid over Ziggy

In My view there is not a struck match between McGowan and Ziegler all I will say is Natta has gone backwards since Mcgowan came back from Injury so Ziegler and Natta did not lose a game , McGowan and Natta have lost one game and McGowan and Tass M have lost one game.

For a tall boy McGowan has a problem with a ball , from the moment it leaves his it rising either as a defending header or and attacking header.

Natta is still next season Star and maybe margush also.

Tomorrow we will be playing a team of mature soccer players not some of each boys and Mature soccer players.

We will have to be at our very best , lets hope we are.

4 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Taking suggestions for where to have a pre-match feed in Parramatta. Preferably somewhat on the way from station to stadium.

Chicken burger from Milky Lane. At the church street/macquarie street intersection go across the road and to the left.

18 minutes ago, mack said:

Chicken burger from Milky Lane. At the church street/macquarie street intersection go across the road and to the left.

Just been looking the menu and photos as I am looking for somewhere to eat also. The menu looks like a heart attack waiting to happen, as do the photos. When you have your heart attack can I take over WSF after you? :good:

See the source image

Edited by Smoggy
24 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Taking suggestions for where to have a pre-match feed in Parramatta. Preferably somewhat on the way from station to stadium.

Mate, there are so many eating options in Parra it is unbelievable. Just go walking and choose any place that takes your fancy. Just about every cuisine is available. Walk up Church st towards the stadium from the station and head up side streets as you pass them. There are dozens of restaurants I still want to try, and I've already sampled dozens. 

It's a bit of a **** fight with the light rail build atm, but I was walking around Parra this morning and there were so many places that I saw that I would love to try. There is too many good ones to just recommend one particular place. 

Parramatta is a culinary delight and it will only get better when the LR is complete, Parra Town Square is complete and a dozen other developments under construction are complete. Let your food soul roam. You won't be disappointed. 

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Just been looking the menu and photos as I am looking for somewhere to eat also. The menu looks like a heart attack waiting to happen, as do the photos. When you have your heart attack can I take over WSF after you? :good:

See the source image

That sort of food is repulsive. It belongs in America.

There is so much better elsewhere on offer in Parra.

Edited by Wanderboy

Yeah I'd be steering clear of that monstrosity (hence the chicken burger). Most of their menu is instagram crap. Look at that **** in the top right, ******* syringe of something. It's stupid. But you can't really make instafood without actually having some idea of knowing how to cook in the first place. For something more traditionally I'd just go a subway. Simple, no mucking about, in and out quickly, not that hard to eat if you don't get a sloppy option.

3 minutes ago, mack said:

Yeah I'd be steering clear of that monstrosity (hence the chicken burger). Most of their menu is instagram crap. Look at that **** in the top right, ******* syringe of something. It's stupid. But you can't really make instafood without actually having some idea of knowing how to cook in the first place. For something more traditionally I'd just go a subway. Simple, no mucking about, in and out quickly, not that hard to eat if you don't get a sloppy option.

My photo was one of the better ones after looking more. There was a chicken one with 6 or 7 stacks high and cheese lol

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

My photo was one of the better ones after looking more. There was a chicken one with 6 or 7 stacks high and cheese lol

Yuk.

C'mon Mack, you could have recommended something better than this joint!! :)

I've been having a kebab at Istanbul in Parramatta before games this season. Decent, and cheap.

It wasn't open on Saturday night so my mate and I just wandered up Church st and found a Greek place instead in Phillip st, across the road from the old Bavarian. It wasn't called a kebab that we bought but it was the same type of thing. It was delicious and they did a plate of pretty decent chips as well.

There are so many Asian places, so many Mediterranean places and so many other restaurants and other food options in Parra like sushi, Indian curries etc....

That food that Smoggy posted pics of belongs in the skip bin.

20 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

It wasn't open on Saturday night so my mate and I just wandered up Church st and found a Greek place instead in Phillip st, across the road from the old Bavarian. It wasn't called a kebab that we bought but it was the same type of thing. It was delicious and they did a plate of pretty decent chips as well.

Gyros (pronounced Yeeros). And yes, they usually are delicious.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic