Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

Just now, DamnedUnited said:

I don't think the problem is illiteracy or ignorance about what is happening. The majority simply disagree with the further corporatization of the club. Having advance notice from the club that we are to be screwed is only advance notice. It doesn't alter the screwing part. The club I'm sure will appreciate your sympathy for their impossible plight of actually running the show. Going by the recent track record I wouldn't believe much. 

I understand that and completely agree about the corporatisation of the club. But, this isn't a fascinating new development. It's been on the cards from day 1.

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

To much faith and naivety on my part. I could see there was little or nothing available in the stand but nothing in the terrace was a total surprise.

Fair enough.

I just would never have got my hopes up knowing what the changes were going to be on that western corporate side.

Just now, tardotz said:

Will be interesting to see how many of the corporate 'packages' they will be able to sell. If they are as successful as Alliance then the ground is always going to be half empty.

TBH, I've never liked the whole corporate western side idea from the beginning. But it is what it is. Probably a trade off from the govt and $$$ sector to give us plebs what we want on the other three sides of the stadium. Which we have got.

The west side will be a cemetery. If there is any RBB left when we return, I'd be surprised if they could even give a **** to do a WDWSF to that side of the stadium. They'd probably only get raised glasses green tea or Pims and Lemonade.

The other three sides will be rocking.

1 hour ago, mack said:

That was always on the cards. I'm surprised they didn't find any seats at all in the main grandstand. That area is going to be devoid of atmosphere.

I knew the western was going to be pretty much corporate, that was always the look of the designs, The club should make the bottom most tier of the western and around the tunnel area for at least a limited number of members though.

As I used to fry in the East stand at Parra no change for me. The East at Parra is where the cool kids sat anyway, I am upset because I don't really want the old Parra West stand prawn sandwich ra ra  brigade over our side...

Edited by WSWBoro

we are getting a shiny new stadium for free and we still find ways to complain 

no wonder so many people in other areas of oz despise sydney people! 

Who cares the west side is too far too walk anyway let those corporate lackies get stuck behind us smelly wogs on exit 

plus think of the positives if you want to mug someone just wait outside the western side none of them are members so pillage as you please 

23 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

TBH, I've never liked the whole corporate western side idea from the beginning. But it is what it is. Probably a trade off from the govt and $$$ sector to give us plebs what we want on the other three sides of the stadium. Which we have got.

The west side will be a cemetery. If there is any RBB left when we return, I'd be surprised if they could even give a **** to do a WDWSF to that side of the stadium. They'd probably only get raised glasses of green tea or Pims and Lemonade.

The other three sides will be rocking.

2 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

no wonder so many people in other areas of oz despise sydney people! 

Who cares the west side is too far too walk anyway let those corporate lackies get stuck behind us smelly wogs on exit 

plus think of the positives if you want to mug someone just wait outside the western side none of them are members so pillage as you please 

the entire stand which i sat in because it kept me out of the sun during 40 degree days is unavailable to me, unless they are going to give the entire eastern stand air conditioning and sunglasses its pretty garbage

Just now, luisenrique said:

Can someone sum up the email for me? I started reading it and got bored. 

I assume that as a foundation active member with an exemplary attendance record pre-soulless and a patchy one since then I will be fine?

Yep you'll get the leftover seats like the rest of us

1 minute ago, luisenrique said:

I assume that as a foundation active member with an exemplary attendance record pre-soulless and a patchy one since then I will be fine?

it doesnt matter if you have attended every single second of every wanderers match, no west stand for you

28 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Fair point, but an entire side of the stadium??  Australia's only got like 5 big banks, BHP, a couple of dodgy Asian investors and about 12 other businesses in the whole country, how are they going to sell an entire side of the stadium?  Unless of course there is hardly any seats and the rest is luxury bars and other nonsense.

They have copied Levi's Stadium in San Francisco, which is widely touted by the corporates as first class but the fans think sucks. But we'll sort it out.

2 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

1. Long-term membership rewarded

2. Blah blah corporate garbage

3. You can skip the queue if you are willing to upgrade to a ridiculously expensive level of membership in a **** ground in 18/19

3. If you wanna be with your friends, then blah blah stuff that people with reserved seats have to worry about

4. Signed, corporate FFA lackey

Now, if that one was tldr for ya, this is the shortest version:

Don't worry about it, you've been in the RBB and there will be plenty of spaces because everyone else is banned (or will be by then).

24 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Fair point, but an entire side of the stadium??  Australia's only got like 5 big banks, BHP, a couple of dodgy Asian investors and about 12 other businesses in the whole country, how are they going to sell an entire side of the stadium?  Unless of course there is hardly any seats and the rest is luxury bars and other nonsense.

They have copied Levi's Stadium in San Francisco, which is widely touted by the corporates as first class but the fans think sucks. But we'll sort it out.

this is what i seriously dont get, of course every stadium has corporate facilities but how can an entire stand just be for corporates?

1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

the entire stand which i sat in because it kept me out of the sun during 40 degree days is unavailable to me, unless they are going to give the entire eastern stand air conditioning and sunglasses its pretty garbage

Goats 🐐 are pretty resilient you must have come from a soft bunch 

take a hat and one of those little Bali umbrellas u will be sweet

47 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

this is what i seriously dont get, of course every stadium has corporate facilities but how can an entire stand just be for corporates?

Because it now is, and always has been for this stadium.

I don't understand why people are complaining about this now.

Edited by Wanderboy

A whole side for the rich and wannabe rich. Still no doubt there's a power point some where which says makes for better TV when only 7500 turn up - move everyone to the opposite side.

No impact for me though as I always was Eastern stand would be a tad miffed if I was previously a red member. All we can hope for is a truck load of Saturday night games, which I reckon will be on the cards for season 1 at the new stadium at least in the expectation of a pretty full RBB leading a pretty full ground a la seasons 1,2,3 etc. the question is will they be.....

• mack locked this topic