Australian Stadiums Discussion (Excluding Parramatta)

1 hour ago, GD07 said:

Are the smurfs playing any games at the scg this season? 

As they are the team for all of Sydney, they should claim what is rightfully theirs and use ANZ has their base camp. Didn't Arnie suggest that Smurf FC lent ANZ to WSW? Not sure if such a move would mean relocating the Harbour Bridge to Olympic Park...

7 minutes ago, FCB said:

As they are the team for all of Sydney, they should claim what is rightfully theirs and use ANZ has their base camp. Didn't Arnie suggest that Smurf FC lent ANZ to WSW? Not sure if such a move would mean relocating the Harbour Bridge to Olympic Park...

The Angry One did say that.

So they can have SOP.

The Cops there loved them failing to arrest members of the Cove for letting off flares during their marches. 

Plus did they get into any trouble from SOP for breaking seats? 

5 hours ago, mack said:

I think issues with the pitch mean they might not play at all.

Their supposed to be contract to play 5 games there every season till they they get their immensely oversized stadium.

51 minutes ago, marron said:

I would be happy with that arrangement provided Parramatta council NEVER put ONE smurf thing up anywhere and neither do the shops, and they all keep their red and black up. Not sure if any of that could be counted on though.

And they get charged double by the Venue operator (NSW Govt).

“The Australian understands that one offer from Lendlease to cut costs was to make the stadium roughly the same standard as the Bankwest stadium at Parramatta, but the government and the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust are after a higher-standard stadium.“If any contractor doesn’t provide what the government’s asked for, we’ll look elsewhere and that’s what’s happened in this circumstance,” Ms Berejiklian said. “I’m absolutely confident; the timeline’s there for us to meet, the budget’s there for us to meet, there are other interested parties and I look forward to issuing a contract.“We want to make sure it’s world-class … within the budget and we look forward to having a contractor on board to meet those requirements.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/cost-and-delays-behind-stadium-build-dropout/news-story/4a028d26c43c376c5f58da0f5940b7ec

BankWest being shitt canned already 😂

I believe our stadium is a world class stadium. It's just a world class stadium in a category that the Trust don't want. They don't want a 30k stadium that focuses on capacity and function.

Surely the WSS 2.0 design from Populous would be within the that parameter of 40k to 50k, a larger stadium with more extravagant features.

It just keeps getting better lol

NRL: Games limit on Bankwest

“Sydney’s stadium headaches have stretched to the freshly minted Bankwest Stadium as officials attempt to change a rule limiting the venue’s capacity to 49 sporting contests in the course of the year.While that rule — contained in a planning document governing the use of the stadium — isn’t a problem now, it threatens to become one as the ground prepares to become the epicentre of rugby league when both Allianz and ANZ Stadiums are out of action.During that period, Canterbury and South Sydney have already announced they will take games to Bankwest, marking a significant increase in the number of games that will be played at the ground from 2021.It is understood NSW government officials have already begun working on increasing the number of games that can be played at the venue to 70, a move that would ease the concerns of not only the NRL, but the clubs planning to move to the ground.Government sources played down the significance of the clause limiting the number of games, insisting they deliberately chased events and the restriction was a carry-over from the old Parramatta Stadium, which was demolished to make way for Bankwest.Venues NSW is believed to be working feverishly behind the scenes to appease the concerns of those who could be affected.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-games-limit-on-bankwest/news-story/c624078fb063376ce9b1dc51d00e0dde

On 26/07/2019 at 10:41 AM, hughsey said:

Another mob flashing around imaginary stadium images... getting sick of seeing these without any hard facts or plans.

Theres a claim in the comments section that they’ve already sold some boxes to this stadium.

This came out during the bidding process and someone has just found it and posted it again.

My understanding is that the corporate boxes at Campbelltown were all claimed by corporate supporters of the bid before the club was named as a successful bidder.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/08/2019 at 4:33 PM, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

for a handful of games at the start of the season though, right? don't they change the grass for summer?

I don't believe they are going to be doing winter/summer grass now, it's a single hybrid surface.

Going from 49 to 70 will mean the stadium looks to host 2 games a weekend during the NRL season.

It still amazes me that you can get approval to demolish something without getting the plans to build the new thing approved.

I understand it if the demolition is the only part of the job, but when there is a plan to rebuild then surely you should have to get both at once?

The gov ain’t gonna let me buy a shop in the middle of Parra and then just knock it down with no plan to build something.

8 hours ago, btron3000 said:

It still amazes me that you can get approval to demolish something without getting the plans to build the new thing approved.

I understand it if the demolition is the only part of the job, but when there is a plan to rebuild then surely you should have to get both at once?

The gov ain’t gonna let me buy a shop in the middle of Parra and then just knock it down with no plan to build something.

Short of a heritage listing, I don't see why not.

• mack unpinned this topic