Football Media Discussion 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Paul01 said:

On the Baldcast, Brenton Speed giving more anti-WSW comments due to Lederer blocking Macarthur SWS.

Time to give him curry.

The gulf between Speed and Simon Hill is just too embarrassing. But then Hill is a football man who doesnt get involved in NRL, AFL and any other sport going. A league is just another gig in Speeds calendar isnt it, he will never get it like Hill does, but that doesnt stop him talking shyte.

Edited by Smoggy
9 hours ago, sonar said:

Yep. Was at the game. Amazing isn't it that when they went 0-3 you still thought they could get a result. Hope we get back to that kind of mentality.

Lol I remember sitting at that game going “ugh another 60 minutes of this” at 3-0 down

I only started believing at 3-2

10 hours ago, sonar said:

Yep. Was at the game. Amazing isn't it that when they went 0-3 you still thought they could get a result. Hope we get back to that kind of mentality.

It was because we were playing so well and copped 3 bullshit goals (penalty, own goal, deflection). A comeback was always on the cards and when Santalab scored that second, I remember turning to the family and saying "We are going to win this".

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Lol I remember sitting at that game going “ugh another 60 minutes of this” at 3-0 down

I only started believing at 3-2

My daughter said something similar. "There's no way" she said. Their goals were pretty soft. But even at 0-3 after 20 mins, I hadn't given up (not yet at least). Castalen getting our first so quickly after they got their 3rd (which was a decent strike but WTF was that wall doing?) set the come back in motion. We needed to score quickly and we did. Definitely (very) tense / stressful.

Edit: What @Zakman said :good:

Meanwhile the A-League just got a death by a thousand cuts 

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/foxtel-signals-price-hike-cuts-to-non-marquee-sports-after-417m-loss-20190513-p51msx.html

specifically 

Media industry sources believe rights to Super Rugby and Wallabies tests, which expire in 2020, and soccer's A-League competition, could be among the sports affected by Foxtel's move to rein in spending.  A Rugby Australia spokesman said: "We are in the very early stages of constructive discussions with Foxtel

Whats it been 7 years now (for us 15 for A-league)? This is a recurring theme and nothing has changed. The relationship between fans and seccos/police has deteriorated to its worst levels and now they targeting families. At this rate there won't been a A-league left in the next 5 years

Edited by Sithslayer1991
On 09/05/2019 at 9:33 PM, sonar said:

Shinji's genius v The amazing Wanderers comeback.........hard to choose......lol

This was my favorite moment, just one last bit of magic from the great man. Only 3% of votes?

:smurfnono: :smurfpoint:

On 13/05/2019 at 5:47 PM, GunnerWanderer said:

This is really really concerning, how we get through to the next tv deal I’ll never know 

I don’t understand how Foxtel can cry poor and raise prices.

payTV started due to the lack of commercials on the network, hence why user was made to pay.

now, you cannot tell the difference between Foxtel and any of the commercial channels. The only thing they do right is not cut to a 30 second ad during every break in play.

On 13/05/2019 at 5:20 PM, Jukes01 said:

Straight from the source. Two page statement, just click to expand. I know who is more believable.

Disappointed in the over-reaction from the fuzz, however, the bloke whilst pre-occupied with his prudent fatherly duties, ignored a clear direction by security.

He was never staying in that venue after questioning the authority of security guards, irrespective of how important he thought it was to inspect a toilet facility prior to his daughter needing it. 

6 hours ago, Taurus said:

Disappointed in the over-reaction from the fuzz, however, the bloke whilst pre-occupied with his prudent fatherly duties, ignored a clear direction by security.

He was never staying in that venue after questioning the authority of security guards, irrespective of how important he thought it was to inspect a toilet facility prior to his daughter needing it. 

He had a mild verbal exchange with someone. Who cares? I worked in retail whilst going through uni and dealt with sprays from customers every shift. It’s part of the job when you’re in any form of public service.

It’s only escalated because it happened at the football. More double standards on display. 

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

He had a mild verbal exchange with someone. Who cares? I worked in retail whilst going through uni and dealt with sprays from customers every shift. It’s part of the job when you’re in any form of public service.

It’s only escalated because it happened at the football. More double standards on display. 

He uses the wording 'I ignored them & proceeded...'

Security guards are used to giving orders & don't normally take kindly to being told otherwise. 

He may have had good intentions, just went about it the wrong way

• mack locked this topic