Football Media Discussion 2

7 hours ago, hughsey said:

I couldn’t either as I also believe the method of obtaining them is completely unreliable and invalid. I can’t believe they hold such importance for tv networks and companies when they could be done so much more effectively. 

They hold importance for tv companies because them in charge want to make it look like they are doing a good job, so they use these fake ratings to boost the commercial streams on their garbage programs. And if your nightly current affairs show is dropping in ratings it's probably a fair indication that it is on the nose. The shows that don't get good ratings but that people might watch in different ways - like A-league - don't have the sway to change public or commercial perception about ratings. It's just another case of the people in power clinging to it.

1 hour ago, dcrow said:

Shame we didn't look at him. He's had a stellar season at Olympic and would work well upfront with biscuit in the rigt formation.

• 3 weeks later...

Weekend A-league and Cricket Attendance and TV Viewing – Nov 9th-11th, 2018

POSTED BY: THE_WOOKIE NOVEMBER 12, 2018

Attendance 

At the close of Round 4 of the 2018-19 A-league Season, attendances remain down, now -9.87% compared to same time last year, at an average of 12,829. Round 4 was attended by 49,105 – up from 45,757 during last seasons R4, despite playing in Mudgee – at 4 stadiums in 3 states.

The Womens soccer was attended by 15,185 at Penrith.

The One Day matches between Australia and South Africa were attended by 17,680 at Adelaide Oval on Friday and just 5,321 at Blundstone Arena on Sunday.

Television

With Round 4 of the 2018-19 A-league complete, Foxtels ratings remain down 32.35% on the same time last season to an average viewership of 50,500. R4 was watched by 234,000 on Fox, down from 311,000 last year. One and streaming numbers not available.

The R2 Aleague clash between Victory and Perth rated 6,000 VPM. No other game from Round 2 made the top 5 for the week. (F1 in Mexico top rated sport at 13,000)

The Womens soccer friendly between Australia and Chile rated 49,000 on Fox.

The Cricket One Day International Series on Foxtel rated 326,000/277,000 on Sunday and 143,000/271,000 on Friday. The Womens World T20 Cup match between Australia and Pakistan rated 32,000 on Foxtel Saturday.

References

Edited by beatsurrender

Some ****tard named Shane just rang up Talkin' Sport on 1269. Talked about RL for a few minutes and then launched into a tirade of criticism about Wanderers fans, instigated by the lone racist comment on Saturday night. 'Week after week after week" he said, "there are incidents involving Wanderers fans. You don't see Perth Glory fans rampaging through the streets of Perth", he said. 'Gallop will just sweep this under the carpet like he always does. When will the FFA crack down on this club?"

And the hosts..…….all agreed.

Mongs.

41 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Some ****tard named Shane just rang up Talkin' Sport on 1269. Talked about RL for a few minutes and then launched into a tirade of criticism about Wanderers fans, instigated by the lone racist comment on Saturday night. 'Week after week after week" he said, "there are incidents involving Wanderers fans. You don't see Perth Glory fans rampaging through the streets of Perth", he said. 'Gallop will just sweep this under the carpet like he always does. When will the FFA crack down on this club?"

Mongs.

But it hasn't been 'swept under the carpet' has it? The guy has been outed and ousted.  

Edited by beatsurrender
33 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

But it hasn't been 'swept under the carpet' has it? The guy has been outed and ousted.  

Indeed. But the hosts of the programme are too ignorant to even know this. They just took everything he said as gospel and verbally nodded their heads in approval.

I felt like ringing them, but in the end, I decided that whatever I said would have gone in one ear and out the other.

This is the sort of ignorance about our game that shits me. It's also clearly the typecast of our sport that we still have to deal with due to the likes of the Hadley's, Jones's, the departed Rebecca Wilson and the mainstream FTA tv channels. They can all go and get ****ed. None of them were in Mudgee on the weekend and none of them have any clue about how well we were received as a club and as fans. Let alone would they have a clue about the fund raising efforts for the farmer's that the RBB initiated. 

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

This is why i never listen to sports talkin shows on the radio....they are never good....

The one in the Boro made your ears bleed with the same old whinging people week in week out, turned me off for life.

12 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Indeed. But the hosts of the programme are too ignorant to even know this. They just took everything he said as gospel and verbally nodded their heads in approval.

I felt like ringing them, but in the end, I decided that whatever I said would have gone in one ear and out the other.

This is the sort of ignorance about our game that shits me. It's also clearly the typecast of our sport that we still have to deal with due to the likes of the Hadley's, Jones's, the departed Rebecca Wilson and the mainstream FTA tv channels. They can all go and get ****ed. None of them were in Mudgee on the weekend and none of them have any clue about how well we were received as a club and as fans. Let alone would they have a clue about the fund raising efforts for the farmer's that the RBB initiated. 

I agree.......At the end of the day the media reach by Jones and Hadley, and even mainstream TV etc is diminishing and the majority of it's listeners would not be fans of football or members.He is preaching to the already converted. eff 'em. You will do yourself a big favour if you .....turn them off.......permanently.

We know the reality is different to what is being portrayed. Why give them any time, they don't do anything positive for our club. eff 'em.....COYW !

Edited by sonar
3 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Stupidity, it was one lone idiot not the whole crowd chanting. There has been wide condemnation from fans & the club, on top of that the guy is looking at a lifetime ban. What more is he expecting?

Swept under the carpet? Yeh mate. If that isn’t considered a strong response then I’d like to know his thoughts of how other sports respond to similar incidents.

Incident week after week? Love to know what happened over the last two weeks? We have done a pretty good job of shooting ourselves in the foot over the years but it seems slowly but surely we are going in the right direction.

6 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Mongs.

I've seen their casuals throwing handbags in the back streets of Northbridge so yeah nice one Shane.

Has he be banned yet?

Keep in mind the arnie tifo guys didn't cop a straight up ban, and I'll bet the club would have been happy to chuck them out for ever. I'd be surprised if that's where it went.  But I haven't been following the media.

Apparently those around him already tried some "education" but he kept at it.

An appropriate course of action would be a ban for the rest of the season, an apology to the player being abused  and some club sponsored counselling sessions. .

One look at our supporter base and we are from every ethnic background you can think of.....I struggle to undertand some of our supporters like this guy at times.

20 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Weekend A-league and Cricket Attendance and TV Viewing – Nov 9th-11th, 2018

POSTED BY: THE_WOOKIE NOVEMBER 12, 2018

Television

With Round 4 of the 2018-19 A-league complete, Foxtels ratings remain down 32.35% on the same time last season to an average viewership of 50,500. R4 was watched by 234,000 on Fox, down from 311,000 last year. One and streaming numbers not available.

>One and streaming numbers not available.

So the ratings are a pretty useless metric without those.

• 2 weeks later...

@mack your question for Cornthwaite was (partially) asked and (partially) answered in a bit of detail by Corny on the Fox pod (starts near the end at approx. 53 mins). Worth a listen for all WSW fans (and Gombau fans/haters).

Direct link for those who don't have a podcast place: https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/fox-football-podcast

35 minutes ago, Carns said:

@mack your question for Cornthwaite was (partially) asked and (partially) answered in a bit of detail by Corny on the Fox pod (starts near the end at approx. 53 mins). Worth a listen for all WSW fans (and Gombau fans/haters).

Direct link for those who don't have a podcast place: https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/fox-football-podcast

I just posted this on Ex-players as well hahaha

• mack locked this topic