Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Well Perth suffering now then?

Most players can't work with Popa for more than a couple of seasons without mental fatigue syndrome setting in. 

@Taurus

Do I recall you saying that a few players were quite happy to see Popa go? 

2 hours ago, FCB said:

Most players can't work with Popa for more than a couple of seasons without mental fatigue syndrome setting in. 

@Taurus

Do I recall you saying that a few players were quite happy to see Popa go? 

I think there is some truth to this. Popa is very controlling and rigid with players conforming to their jobs equaling success.

Babbell allows players more freedom within hard working/high work rate framework. He puts them in a place to compete and they have to fight to be successful. 

20 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Thoughts on Wilfred Bonny?

Few injuries recently but he’s currently training at a Newport County and doesn’t seem to have anyone knocking at his door.

Risky given he's still playing for his NT & had a Cruciate Ligament injury early last year.

FFA would need to stump up plenty of the marquee fund to secure him, if he wanted to come down under. 

If he's fit & well, he'd destroy the ALeague. His last decent season was 15/16 when at Man City 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/wilfried-bony/leistungsdaten/spieler/81808/plus/0?saison=2018

11 hours ago, Taurus said:

Risky given he's still playing for his NT & had a Cruciate Ligament injury early last year.

FFA would need to stump up plenty of the marquee fund to secure him, if he wanted to come down under. 

If he's fit & well, he'd destroy the ALeague. His last decent season was 15/16 when at Man City 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/wilfried-bony/leistungsdaten/spieler/81808/plus/0?saison=2018

MB witness first hand Juric's difficulties when it came to juggling NT duties and club life. It ultimately led to Juric being frozen out of the team at Luzern earlier this year. I very much doubt that MB will introduce that kind of problem at WSW by signing a player who is still active for his national team. This is the kind of stuff that can blow your season apart.

17 minutes ago, FCB said:

I very much doubt that MB will introduce that kind of problem at WSW by signing a player who is still active for his national team. This is the kind of stuff that can blow your season apart

This is something that Arnie did well at Sydney FC, never ran into issues of this kind. It makes it all the more important this season as they don’t plan to stop for international breaks.

22 hours ago, Taurus said:

BREAKING NEWS| Wanderers get their man. 

A sneek peek of Andy is attached & he's expected to be announced by club shortly on a multi year marquee deal very soon 

Image may contain: Andy Kensett, text

You're a good sport @andypk 

Hope the gig paid handsomely

22 minutes ago, Taurus said:

No wonder he was going for a bargain price.

He's not in good enough shape to have been useful to us & it looks like he's been playing for beers.

Abel Hernández

@abelhernandezok

·

14hPrimeros 90 minutos

@ahliqat

Happens to the best of us. Just a matter of time before the beers win. 

Hearing whispers from an old contact back in Deutschland that a prominent Ex-Mannschaft player is interested in coming out to Australia & reviving his career under a German coach.

No names but may have a turbulent history under Jogi Loew.

And the guru of all things dark arts Taurus has said ‘no comment’ :ninja:

2 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Hearing whispers from an old contact back in Deutschland that a prominent Ex-Mannschaft player is interested in coming out to Australia & reviving his career under a German coach.

Probably going to Victory. Heard about a lot of German players going to Vuck.

4 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

This is not going to be a repeat of the Troisi affair (hoffentlich).

I heard Holtby, probably fake cause it was from that fake twitter bloke. I reckon its that Christian Trasch bloke. Played 10 games for Germany and is now in the second german division. Although at 31 I think its too late to 'revive' your career.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I heard Holtby, probably fake cause it was from that fake twitter bloke. I reckon its that Christian Trasch bloke. Played 10 games for Germany and is now in the second german division. Although at 31 I think its too late to 'revive' your career.

Thoughts?

Maybe.

Apparently saw that Broich doco from years ago & intrigued with what he experienced.

There was some discussion about it tonight at our NPL2 game.

34 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Interesting, could be a few players:

- Sidney Sam
- Christian Trasch
- Serdar Tasci
- Dennis Aogo
- Lewis Holtby

1 hour ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Don't know if playing in the A-league is quite career reviving. 

4 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Anyone know of any ‘close door’ friendlies coming up?

The friendly scheduled for tonight v's MTDR was canned earlier in the week. 

Marcus is probably just being cautious, as we played a gruelling 120 minutes in Perth & we came away with a few bruised bodies.  

We'll probably have a decent hit out over next 7 days as prep for our FFA Cup tie on the 28th, but before you ask, I don't have any knowledge of any game

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic