Jump to content
mack

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 1/1/2020 7:30PM

Recommended Posts

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar


VS
Date: 01/01/20
Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:30PM
Round: 13
Competition: A-League Regular Season
Location: Parramatta, New South Wales
Stadium: Western Sydney Stadium

View full record

Share this post


Link to post

2-0 WSW

Share this post


Link to post

XvRwC7W.gif

Didn't play well against Adelaide

WSW teams have a bad habit of playing bad teams back into form

1 - 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

XvRwC7W.gif

Didn't play well against Adelaide

WSW teams have a bad habit of playing bad teams back into form

1 - 1

We allowed them ( Adelaide ) to get into situations in or around the box that led to both penalties. We allowed Adelaide back into the game. No need for Zeigler to foul Toure the way he did. Our poor decision making. Poor defence and our inability to hold the ball led to Adelaide being in a position to attack us with a shot that led to Georgeivski's penalty. Our poor decision making. We are at times the masters of our own demise.Still think we'll win though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, sonar said:

We allowed them ( Adelaide ) to get into situations in or around the box that led to both penalties. We allowed Adelaide back into the game. No need for Zeigler to foul Toure the way he did. Our poor decision making. Poor defence and our inability to hold the ball led to Adelaide being in a position to attack us with a shot that led to Georgeivski's penalty. Our poor decision making. We are at times the masters of our own demise.Still think we'll win though.

 

 

Not to forget if we didn’t have Lopar we’d have been two or three down at half time.

we played one on stuff second half before panic stations in injury time 

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Not to forget if we didn’t have Lopar we’d have been two or three down at half time.

 

How many times have we all said that this season?

If he ain't on a 2 year contract, we should get it sorted and re-sign him asap.

Yes, we will win on Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post

Out..will be on Kangaroo Island somewhere ( depending on bushfire conditions).

If like the last Brissy home game hopefully without tv or internet access.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Out..will be on Kangaroo Island somewhere ( depending on bushfire conditions).

If like the last Brissy home game hopefully without tv or internet access.

Enjoy.....KI is a great place. Been there a couple of times.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pup55 said:

Brisbane are the worst team in the league. We won't be losing this one.

Yeah righto lol

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

I want Them to assign us Beath again if he isn’t fired like he should be 

I want to see babbel go mental on him

Beath ain't gonna get the sack. He just made the A-league famous for his post-match interview with Simon Hill.

However, it doesn't excuse from being a poor referee.

Share this post


Link to post

Fowler down on troops and will he play a back 3 or 4.

Back 3 means 

GK Young

CB Bowles, Neville, Gillesphey

WB Hingert, Powell

DM Pepper, Aiden O'Neill 

AM o'shea 

St Amadi-Holloway, O'Donovan/ Muratovic

But Inman may come into their starting line-up.

 

Share this post


Link to post

2-1 loss.

We’ll score first, then go off the boil. In the last 10 minutes we will all but roll out the red carpet for brisbane in our own box.

Maybe Babbel will see what happens when he plays guys like Muller in their correct position. But so far I’ve not seen any evidence he can interpret what’s happening on the park in front of him.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

2-1 loss.

We’ll score first, then go off the boil. In the last 10 minutes we will all but roll out the red carpet for brisbane in our own box.

Maybe Babbel will see what happens when he plays guys like Muller in their correct position. But so far I’ve not seen any evidence he can interpret what’s happening on the park in front of him.

Like the reverse psychology.

;)

Share this post


Link to post

In .... first game in about 3 years.

Should be interesting to see how we go without Schwegler in the middle.

We should still win this.

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like Baccus maybe out unless Arnold allows him to play on Wednesday. Aiden O'Neill in the same boat. Tass is also selected.

"The Green and Gold will play an international friendly against Korea Republic in Malaysia’s capital on Friday afternoon (local time), before traveling to Bangkok on Saturday where Group A games against Iraq, Thailand, and Bahrain await."

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Looks like Baccus maybe out unless Arnold allows him to play on Wednesday. Aiden O'Neill in the same boat. Tass is also selected.

"The Green and Gold will play an international friendly against Korea Republic in Malaysia’s capital on Friday afternoon (local time), before traveling to Bangkok on Saturday where Group A games against Iraq, Thailand, and Bahrain await."

Camp starts 31st Dec.

We're also missing Schwegler due to 5 yellows

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Looks like Baccus maybe out unless Arnold allows him to play on Wednesday. Aiden O'Neill in the same boat. Tass is also selected.

"The Green and Gold will play an international friendly against Korea Republic in Malaysia’s capital on Friday afternoon (local time), before traveling to Bangkok on Saturday where Group A games against Iraq, Thailand, and Bahrain await."

Imo we should move Ziegler into DM with Sullivan and play Mcgowan with Jurman as the two CB’s. Ziegler played DM in the Bundesliga divisions.

Share this post


Link to post

Bossi alert

Bossi in the SMH reckons Baccus won't be playing for us on Wednesday. 

Btw I can't believe he interviewed Babbel at Bankwest after his s*** stories

Share this post


Link to post

If thats the case that we are going to be missing players on Wednesday

Meier  - Adam

Duke-------------------------Muller

Ziegler - Sullivan

Jetski - Jurman - McGowan - Elrich

Lopar

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Ziegler played DM in the Bundesliga divisions.

Interesting you should say that, as watching him play I had been thinking he seems more comfortable playing further down the ground.

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe just wishful thinking, but I feel we are turning the corner.  We will win, but Neville will score against us.

Share this post


Link to post

I’d be happy to see PZ in midfield for mine there’s at least one brain snap a week from him in the box which generally results in a goal 

overall he has been okay but he’s not being the rock some were speculating he would be 

sullivan surely gets a run this week in first 11 with both holders out 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Bossi alert

Btw I can't believe he interviewed Babbel at Bankwest after his s*** stories

I would have offered him a drink with laxatives and spit....******* hack.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Interesting you should say that, as watching him play I had been thinking he seems more comfortable playing further down the ground.

It would stop him giving away penalties 

Share this post


Link to post

Loving all the negativity here, for those who want to roast Babbell for his lack of tactical knowledge fair enough but at the same time give him credit for making the changes that won the game for us last week. Bringing on Elrich was risky with their pace but he killed it, effectively won the game for us, Sullivan same, same as those that say well lucky we have Lopar, well who the **** do you think brought him down here??  but anyway to things at hand, Brisbane are woeful, they will hold posession for the majority of the game but create nothing and we will win 2-0.

Edited by scarcev

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...