Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 28/02/2020 8:00PM

45 minutes ago, Beer said:

Just because I’m outspoken on one particular issue that you don’t agree with doesn’t make me an idiot, stringer. 

Dude it was a joke, I don’t assume you are an idiot.

i’m not sure why you are so down on a couple of sadly ex, forumites 

2 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

**** giving money to a multi-million $$$$ RL club.

Support a local restaurant instead.

Better still, eat in Parra first.

St. George RL club are actually broke :cheeky:

Positivity peeps, we are not going to lose tonight, ESFC are actually going to have to defend tonight, something they don't normally do used to teams parking up before the halfway line, Duke is going to continue his superman role, and Mullet Grant is going to collect a red for chopping Brucie time and time again.

Time to rise and get in their faces, that includes you JP rattle Corica !!

13 hours ago, Beer said:

It was a homophobic slur, they knew what they were doing, end of. 

I don’t think anyone has a problem with people having their own opinions on matters, that much is fine. 

The issue is this particular person used a public platform that represents hundreds, if not thousands of other people, to express a personal opinion that does not represent the rest. 

You want to make fun of someone for their sexual preference? Be my guest. But don’t do it on my behalf or whilst representing a group/club that I’m apart of. 

I don't agree with Beer on other things, but on this one Beer you are 100% spot on in my books.  Yes it was wrong, it's pathetic.  and I'm with Beer that i don't want people in my club claiming to represent my club making this statement.  I also agree that it is wrong and pathetic what other clubs get away with, what the Cove gets away calling Victory makes my blood boil, I hate that word, have always hated it even as a school boy.  Growing up with a mate who's older brother suffered brain damage at birth and was called that word I find it highly offensive.  You want to call it our Media etc? call all of it out.

57 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Positivity peeps, we are not going to lose tonight, ESFC are actually going to have to defend tonight, something they don't normally do used to teams parking up before the halfway line, Duke is going to continue his superman role, and Mullet Grant is going to collect a red for chopping Brucie time and time again.

Time to rise and get in their faces, that includes you JP rattle Corica !!

How to win

Georgievski is on the Mullet's side. DG will get into his grill with a lot of shithousery. Then the Mullet gets a red for violent conduct.

Baccus puts Ninkovic in his pocket

Schwegler gets under Treejack's skin

Brattan gets out-foxed by Cox to collect at least a yellow which would put him on 8 for the season.

Muller, Duke and Cox to put a show with Kamau showing up Caceres and King

3-0 win

7 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

How to win

Georgievski is on the Mullet's side. DG will get into his grill with a lot of shithousery. Then the Mullet gets a red for violent conduct.

Brattan gets out-foxed by Cox to collect at least a yellow which would put him on 8 for the season.

3-0 win

I’m not going due to wedding anniversary, therefore it’s nailed on that we are going to win 4-0

no cobwebs for smurf they were smashed by a much better team in the ACL game the pathetic thing was the attempt at excuses by them to the extent were Corica said the result flattered Yokohama and the game should have been closer , my goodness is this knucklehead  for real :nea:

I think we can get this win but it all hinges on McGowan , Ziegler and Jurman, if they give a 120% effort we can win as we do have the firepower up front, if they make the silly mistakes we see to regularly we will lose.

Schweigler and Baccus if he plays or Sullivan need to ensure bumjohnyhand and his mate Bratten are put in their box,and supply to their forwards is cut off.

Ninkovic is still a dangerous player but is lacking speed and carrying an injury and needs to be managed , hopefully our wing backs deal with him

The whole team needs a 120% effort tonight   

28 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

How to win

3-0 win

Lol

Love for it happen but can't see it being 3-0 our way. We have to close down Grant,Baumjohann and Ninkovic for us to have a show. Those three provide the majority of the go forward for La Fondre and Barbarouses.

We have improved ,but I see the smurfs winning 2-1 or a draw. A win for us would be massive in terms of the remaining season.

It's not a given but Smurfs should get one you think, every footy fan should think that's a truthful statement, but i believe we will get one and then the mix is on, think 1-1 or 2-1 or 1-2 is the most likely outcome tonight.

Given that we have to bring A game tonight, but how we react to dropping a goal is critical, same mental attitude and application as shown last week when went 1-2 down to AU is what we will need in buckets tonight.

Believe we we have it, I'm going for the 1-2 away win scenario, positivity peeps :good:

11 minutes ago, DanButler said:

Anyone want tickets for tonight? Bought them for the Saturday but can't make Friday games. Tried to find friends to take them but nobody can make it. 
3x adult 1x concession

See spare ticket thread

Going back on our victory against Easts last time Duke was highly influential in stopping Grant on the left side for us. Duke was tracking Grant up and down the line so he couldn't have his normal swing at it almost stopping East attack on that side. That being said Ninkovic is the real danger need to stop the ball from getting to him in the front third and facing the defence. Need him to receive the ball with his back turned and receiving the ball from deeper. Cox and Mueller will be vital in transition for counter attacks because lets face it were not gonna see a lot of the ball and highly expect this one to again have us on the defence.

25 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Going back on our victory against Easts last time Duke was highly influential in stopping Grant on the left side for us. Duke was tracking Grant up and down the line so he couldn't have his normal swing at it almost stopping East attack on that side. That being said Ninkovic is the real danger need to stop the ball from getting to him in the front third and facing the defence. Need him to receive the ball with his back turned and receiving the ball from deeper. Cox and Mueller will be vital in transition for counter attacks because lets face it were not gonna see a lot of the ball and highly expect this one to again have us on the defence.

This is what i think also.

I expect us to be pushed back and put under pressure for long periods...the ball difficult to get. When we do get the ball vital we dont turn over cheap....it could be uncomfortable watching. If we go a goal down early i fear the worst.

Edited by Smoggy

Our biggest issue is going to be Grant vs Georgevski, with one in form and one sadly out of form.  On the other side of the pitch Kamau of the last few weeks can cause the kid some issues as well and whoever wins these two battles will go a long way to winning the points.  Sydney will be up for this one and first goal is key.  My worst fear is an early Sydney goal could lead to a landslide.  Will predict a 2-2 draw though which I will be happy with.

16 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

For all the verbal fog one clear issue emerges for me. There is a Derby at a small suburban ground in the midst of another shite season and we're not marching. When have we never marched for a Derby. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. 

Friday night game ****ed that all up for us. We had one planned for the original saturday night one, but in order to do a march on a Friday night, we needed to be ready at the station prior to 7pm which for a lot of people may be difficult with work.

I myself who signs off on the Form 1 documents for this to occur cant get to Kogarah before 7pm for example.

As for the post in question and i will say it as simple as possible. Definately not homophobic, no curse words were used, no specific target was mentioned. it was a **** stir post like all derby posts have always been.

The beauty of interpretation i suppose; we copped some heat, but we're definitely not homophobes. FFS i have 2 gay cousins :friends:

Anyway - least the derby got some spotlight (controversially or not).

I hope all those attending tonight sing their guts out, whether you like the RBB or not, but do it for WSW 

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

@Taurus was looking for one. Not sure if he has acquired yet.

Thanks, but @ the guy you wished you were, has come through with an active ticket for me this morning. 

I didn't bother trying to buy one on Ticketdisaster

See you'se all out there forumities #COYW #NoGrozosNoParty

It's been a crazy week. My Mum passed away on Monday, and my Aunt last Sunday. Driving back home tonight to Forbes after 27 years of  being away. Will make sure I pull over and watch the game. Hoping we get the win. I'll be fist pumping the air somewhere near Bathurst.

1 minute ago, ZachMercer said:

It's been a crazy week. My Mum passed away on Monday, and my Aunt last Sunday. Driving back home tonight to Forbes after 27 years of  being away. Will make sure I pull over and watch the game. Hoping we get the win. I'll be fist pumping the air somewhere near Bathurst.

:grouphug:

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic