Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

9 hours ago, octa9ona11 said:

How are we letting this happen? If he is available why are we not throwing at him what we can? I can see us being stuck with Vedran next season. I hate 1 year contracts, but I think I hate 4 year ones more.

It's something we excel at...think Ikonomidis and Antonis who we let slip thru our fingers and we can't blame Vedran for that.

MB:

• The target for the next season is to reach the play offs, to play for the title
  • We will get good players here
  • I am pretty sure we will have a (he was about to say "much" here) better team, a stronger team next season
  • the good thing [this season] was we could bring many young players in the team, they will start the next season at a different level, the young ones are much better now
  • but we need the big guys around [the young players], experienced players, quality players, and especially players who want to play for this club, who want to give 100% for success
  • we had not many self driven players, so we always had to push, to push
  • next season we have to be physically stronger
  • I am very excited about the new season, if we can get the players we are looking for then we'll have a good side (the smirk on his face would suggest that the players he is talking about have been signed)

4 hours ago, FCB said:

MB:

• The target for the next season is to reach the play offs, to play for the title
  • We will get good players here
  • I am pretty sure we will have a (he was about to say "much" here) better team, a stronger team next season
  • the good thing [this season] was we could bring many young players in the team, they will start the next season at a different level, the young ones are much better now
  • but we need the big guys around [the young players], experienced players, quality players, and especially players who want to play for this club, who want to give 100% for success
  • we had not many self driven players, so we always had to push, to push
  • next season we have to be physically stronger
  • I am very excited about the new season, if we can get the players we are looking for then we'll have a good side (the smirk on his face would suggest that the players he is talking about have been signed)

I didn't pick up on your last comment when I watched the video

Interesting story coming up soon, there's speculation that it's the new club raiding Phoenix which I think would be poor form announcing just before Phoenix play in the finals.

Hoping it's us raiding instead, although it would also be poor form to announce if the club being raided is in the finals.

13 minutes ago, Flytox said:

Is Stajcic showing what he thinks of Wanderers in this quote from the linked article? :-

"Stajcic admitted the arrival of Western Sydney Wanderers had dried up the opportunities for the Mariners to develop youngsters discarded by Sydney FC."

Are we a club for Sydney FC discards?

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/stajcic-makes-a-subtle-pitch-for-ramy-524339

No. It's just showing his Smurf bias.

The Smurfs have their u13 to u16 academy at Valentine Park. Ask why they don't have it in the Eastern or Southern suburbs.

When Staj was at ESFC (until 2014) the Smurfs still had the best talent as WSW was in it's infancy.

That has arguably been shown to no longer be the case (particularly with our academy). Both teams have their share of decent talent (with natural ebbs and flows).

But there are far less top quality youngsters for CCM to harvest from Sydney.

1 hour ago, Flytox said:

Is Stajcic showing what he thinks of Wanderers in this quote from the linked article? :-

"Stajcic admitted the arrival of Western Sydney Wanderers had dried up the opportunities for the Mariners to develop youngsters discarded by Sydney FC."

Are we a club for Sydney FC discards?

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/stajcic-makes-a-subtle-pitch-for-ramy-524339

Najjarine never played for SFC.

I question if that was an actual quote and not just an 'interpretation' from "Staff Writer".

22 minutes ago, mack said:

Gallifuoco rejected a full deal according to Simon Hill. Supposedly going to Asia.

Watch him go to China or something and then not get paid, then come back to Australia with his tail between his legs

Like I get it’s a financial decision but when you’re plucked out of bloody Serie C to play for the top Australian division, why not solidify yourself here first?

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Watch him go to China or something and then not get paid, then come back to Australia with his tail between his legs

Like I get it’s a financial decision but when you’re plucked out of bloody Serie C to play for the top Australian division, why not solidify yourself here first?

I know it's a bit of a meme that anyone who goes to Asia gets immediately screwed over, but there are clubs that don't stuff their players over and most of the problems stem from greedy managers pushing players to leave to get an upfront bonus. If GG has a decent offer he's probably best to take it. I very much doubt our offer was on a lot of coin.