Sotirio Secures 1st WSW Win In 2019

1 hour ago, Zakman said:

No you're not. What makes it worse is that he just scores against crap opposition then it is all praise! 

I haven’t seen anyone praise him. He played a good game, I won’t rag on a bloke who put on a good performance for the red and black.

My comment previously was to give some context about his final product in comparison to our other wingers.

I say credit where credit is due. Sotirio is no superstar but he gives 100% and if anything has improved this season. If a young player improves and gives it his all then he deserves the credit. Who knows where he will ultimately end up with his career and as for scoring against the bottom teams, our Million dollar striker, doesn't seem able to!

I am thinking next season will be a breakout year Josh Sotirio , I think we are starting to see a him showing some good crosses. Babel has him working hard on crosses and 1 on 1's.

I am also thinking if the news is correct on Risdon we should not see him starting a game again this year , lets let Russell develop and build his strength and use risdon late in games until Russell can put in a full shift.

I am also thinking If we could get Ziegler back on the park and line up Tass Mour(you know who) beside him and don't give Hamill anymore games and show him the door in June.   

Sorry but giving 100% as your main quality to me does not make you an asset to the team. If they put me in the line up for the next game I will give 100% too but will be as useless as **** as I don't have the ability! Sotirio is not at A League standard which is the issue I have always had with this player. You can probably interchage him with any of the NPL wingers at present and will probably have the same impact. I look at the bigger picture and the fact that the club has to rely on players of this standard shows a flawed recruitment program. 

And please... yes, argue with me about his technical ability or usefulness in the team but don't bring up "giving 100%" as his main quality because that shouldn't be relevant in the top competition in Australia.

12 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The Five Dock Neymar Fan Club Roll Call

President @theguyyouwishyouwere

Vice President @lloydy136

Secetary @StringerBellend

How about me?  After all, I made this bold visionary call during the World Cup -

World Cup 2018

LeeMarvin replied to mack's topic in World Football

Does anyone else see shades ofMbappe in Jaushua Sotirio? Just putting it out there (Ducks for cover!).

8 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

I say credit where credit is due. Sotirio is no superstar but he gives 100% and if anything has improved this season. If a young player improves and gives it his all then he deserves the credit. Who knows where he will ultimately end up with his career and as for scoring against the bottom teams, our Million dollar striker, doesn't seem able to!

And people don't see the amount of work he does defensively, constantly chasing down player.

14 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

King Jaush.....

- works his arse off every minute no matter how we are going or who is managing

- never complains even when he is in and out of the side.

- seems to actually care if we win or lose.

- hasn't told the fans to 'shut the **** up'

This puts him ahead of 90% of the current squad.

I thought his goal celebration was ordinary under the circumstances. 

11 hours ago, Zakman said:

Sorry but giving 100% as your main quality to me does not make you an asset to the team. If they put me in the line up for the next game I will give 100% too but will be as useless as **** as I don't have the ability! Sotirio is not at A League standard which is the issue I have always had with this player. You can probably interchage him with any of the NPL wingers at present and will probably have the same impact. I look at the bigger picture and the fact that the club has to rely on players of this standard shows a flawed recruitment program. 

And please... yes, argue with me about his technical ability or usefulness in the team but don't bring up "giving 100%" as his main quality because that shouldn't be relevant in the top competition in Australia.

That’s an enormous straw man. No one ever said he was quality or an asset. We congratulated a bloke on having a good game.

Putting in effort absolutely counts in any league. But sure, let’s invite back Saba and Pio.

8 hours ago, Upthehill said:

That’s an enormous straw man. No one ever said he was quality or an asset. We congratulated a bloke on having a good game.

Putting in effort absolutely counts in any league. But sure, let’s invite back Saba and Pio.

Sotirio is quality and an asset. he will finish his wsw career (many, many years from now of course) in the highest echelon of players that include the likes of Ono, Spiranovic and Mark Bridge.