Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 26/10/2019 7:30PM

How we kept them on nil i don't know, but what can i say about our Swiss contingent, brilliant absolutely brilliant, what fantastic signings the pair of them , well done herr Babel.

Can someone more cluey than me please post up Schweigler giving mullet the yap yap hand signal, made my f***ing night you beauty!!

Just now, WSWJACK said:

How we kept them on nil i don't know, but what can i say about our Swiss contingent, brilliant absolutely brilliant, what fantastic signings the pair of them , well done herr Babel.

Can someone more cluey than me please post up Schweigler giving mullet the yap yap hand signal, made my f***ing night you beauty!!

Would love to see a GIF of it.

What a night 😄 ,winning the fist derby back at our home is a great feeling.

The atmosphere was great but I still hate the fact that I had to sit next the smurfs in a members area. Luckily they behaved and it was good to let them cop it.

Great goal but apart from that our attack was non existent. The defense was solid and it was good to see our defense so solid....the whole team chipped in.....Lopar Man of the Round (I know it's not finished yet)

Also great to meet wendybr and thefairy

12 hours ago, MeurantsLane said:

This is a derby.

Just win, I don't care what you have to do, I don't care how, I don't care who you have to hack, I don't care what shirt you have to pull, I don't care who you have to elbow in the box, I don't care who you have dive in front of, I don't care how you have to act, I don't care who you have to sledge, I don't care how you have to manipulate the referee. 

Just win, for us, for yourself, for the club, in whatever order is important to you.    :xbop:

They listened.

11 minutes ago, matty said:

Allowed the opposition too much space in midfield again, just like last week. 

Having said that, gutsiest performance since ACL final. 

That's exactly what the whole game reminded me of...that ACL final, and many other of the ACL games.

14 minutes ago, tardotz said:

What a night 😄 ,winning the fist derby back at our home is a great feeling.

The atmosphere was great but I still hate the fact that I had to sit next the smurfs in a members area. Luckily they behaved and it was good to let them cop it.

Great goal but apart from that our attack was non existent. The defense was solid and it was good to see our defense so solid....the whole team chipped in.....Lopar Man of the Round (I know it's not finished yet)

Also great to meet wendybr and thefairy

I was sat near some Smurfs and it brings out the worst in me...i think i am back at Roker Park Sunderland 1990 for a full on hate filled derby...i need to change and not proud of it....exchanged a few words on the way out..

I need to work on it i know....the Teessider is always just under the surface at times like that...

I will sort it.

Edited by Smoggy
6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I was sat near some Smurfs and it brings out the worst in me...i think i am back at Roker Park Sunderland 1990 for a full on hate filled derby...i need to change and not proud of it....exchanged a few words on the way out..

I need to work on it i know....the Teessider is always just under the surface at times like that...

I was sat near some too.

Mid 20 somethings not wearing any supporters gear, just designer label crap. They probably only go to 3 games a year.

Anyway, they were very ******* quiet all game. I had to tone down young Wanderboy at the end of the game giving them the bird and shouting obscenities' at them. Lol.

PS. - That's my boy!! He's growing into being a fine young man with his priorities right. :)

Edited by Wanderboy
4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I need to work on it i know....

I usually really dislike derbies...for the aggro.

I saw none - thankfully.

5 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I was sat near some too.

Mid 20 somethings not wearing any supporters gear, just designer label crap. They probably only go to 3 games a year.

Anyway, they were very ******* quiet all game. I had to tone down young Wanderboy at the end of the game giving them the bird and shouting obscenities' at them. Lol.

PS. - That's my boy!! :)

I was sat near 3 in gear, one seemed to want to say something at the end...but thought better of it

Its not a good influence for my son is it lol 

Edited by Smoggy

Faghani was a great referee - kept a lid on the two flashpoint incidents. I don’t think he was outstanding tonight (couple of fouls at the end seemed a bit inconsistent) but he did a great job.

Other than that, I liked how Babbel basically didn’t make subs to force the team to bond together and grind out the result. Wasn’t really a fan of defending 11 behind the ball around the 65th or 70th minute but I guess people were tired...

We were very lucky tonight to keep them scoreless. The post was our saviour several times - and the VAR somehow didn’t stuff us over! The corner where whoever fell over and the goal line pick up I was so worried about because I thought they’d VAR penalty it

• mack locked this topic