Squad Development 2021

On 07/12/2020 at 10:47 PM, Frankos187 said:

Just a thought, and I dont agree with it, but could CR not be playing Lopar with the intention of releasing him to open up a foreign spot?

We had Okada from Wollongong wolves trialling with us. I mean, why trial him when we have no foreign spots left.

All making sense having Okada trial.

(Rant)

We'll finish last and deservedly so (Staj will know his best Mariners team / tactics + Jets will come after us for pinching Carl Robinson)

Got nothing in attack or defence

If the club admin had just told fans, "this season will be a re-build to give youngsters more game time", it would have helped retain some trust

Now they've got nowhere to hide -  "It's a 12 team competition, we should be able to make finals"

Carl Robinson may or may not be a good coach - we'll never know as he'll be booed by fans as we incur loss after loss after loss and then get sacked

It's a systemic problem at the club

The club should modify JT's position as CEO

Let him look after finances and appoint a separate Director of Football to get some long term planning on football strategy and recruitment

It's just annoying after receiving the membership email saying your card will be automatically debited only to see pre-season losses to Adelaide and Mariners

Sadly i'm feeling let down, with less than 2 and a bit weeks before the season opener another star departs, No real engagement apart from some half arsed facebook posts from the club , CR, JT and like should be talking the talk walking the walk & building  the anticipation for a fabulous season ahead.  

PS . has Ante still got his boots. COYW .

Before I decide to jump to conclusions and blame JT and Lederer for releasing lopar... I got to look at the various reasons for him leaving:

Family - AFAIK... His wife and family are still in Switzerland and have no chance of coming down to Sydney and he wants to be back with his family and that's fair enough.

Money - if it's about cash, surely the club management and lopar would have negotiated on the pay before he returned to Australia in September. If that did not happen, then that's on the club for leaving this so late

Not in the coaches plan, visa spot - CR might have an idea of a foreign player he wants to bring into the club, so he had to sacrifice a foreign player which unfortunately is Lopar

There are maybe other variables to consider but it just maybe one of them or a combination of all 3

Edited by SBW
Typos and grammar

Covid has hit everyone, wanting to be with family is valid, but they should just come out and say that.

I am very saddened by this loss. Not a great way to start the weekend. If vedran is to return, i hope he has some confidence as it will be hard to watch if he continues in the same for as before.

10 minutes ago, TwoLeftFoots said:

Covid has hit everyone, wanting to be with family is valid, but they should just come out and say that.

I am very saddened by this loss. Not a great way to start the weekend. If vedran is to return, i hope he has some confidence as it will be hard to watch if he continues in the same for as before.

Vedran isn't a bad keeper if he just cut out the brain fart incidents.

Is he even fit yet, or available?

3 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

You can't reply like that quoting just part of my post.

"if he just cut out the brain fart incidents."

Context.

I don't think its possible.

I remember the very next game after the Roar error (think it was the Mariners) he did the same stupid step over thing before it went out as a joke.

I don't think he learns from his mistakes lol.

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

Pfftttt, let his past performances speak as the context. Examples have been listed,

And I said that. If he cut that **** out,, he's not a bad keeper.

Yes, He should know all that by know, but what are our other options know that we have released the 2nd best keeper we've ever had.

It's not as if we are going to bring in another foreign keeper. We're stuck with him.

Just now, Wanderboy said:

And I said that. If he cut that **** out,, he's not a bad keeper.

Yes, He should know all that by know, but what are our other options know that we have released the 2nd best keeper we've ever had.

It's not as if we are going to bring in another foreign keeper. We're stuck with him.

Jack Duncan free agent, currently training at the Jets, however they are in trouble.

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

You could say about any bad player. "if only they would cut out this or that"..you end up saying that for years...and they are still shyte lol

Yep.........Sotirio,Borda,Jumpei,Pinatares,Pio.........to name a few.

On 08/12/2020 at 1:10 AM, ZachMercer said:

Putting lopar on the block would be one of the dumbest managerial moves in the clubs history. The guy has single handedly saved us from looking as bad as weve been.

Surely we wouldn't do it

On 08/12/2020 at 1:10 AM, ZachMercer said:

Putting lopar on the block would be one of the dumbest managerial moves in the clubs history. The guy has single handedly saved us from looking as bad as weve been.

Oh **** we did :xnod::crap:

I don’t see him coming back to Australia and going through weeks of quarantine if he hadn’t already negotiated his salary and made up his mind that he was ok being away from his family.

My worry is that he liked Australia, wanted to come back and had a plan b with another club. If I see him line up against us this season I’ll be pissed.

20 minutes ago, Davo said:

I don’t see him coming back to Australia and going through weeks of quarantine if he hadn’t already negotiated his salary and made up his mind that he was ok being away from his family.

My worry is that he liked Australia, wanted to come back and had a plan b with another club. If I see him line up against us this season I’ll be pissed.

Wonder if it's a swap with Newcastle?

• mack unpinned and locked this topic