Carl Robinson Discussion

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Not yet, not for me, but not his biggest fan.

Stuck with Ibini longer than I would have today.

I haven't seen a Wanderers side give that much time and space to an opposition midfield in dangerous positions. How can you coach a quality midfield to do that?

Our attack had no idea but that's standard for most seasons.

His recruitment is excellent, I'm convinced the guy has no idea how to formulate a style of play and communicate it to players.

20 minutes ago, matty said:

I haven't seen a Wanderers side give that much time and space to an opposition midfield in dangerous positions. How can you coach a quality midfield to do that?

Our attack had no idea but that's standard for most seasons.

His recruitment is excellent, I'm convinced the guy has no idea how to formulate a style of play and communicate it to players.

He watches a different game to everyone else. Why he left the subs so late when we looked dead from about the 60th minute and, what was Ibini supposed to be doing he just stood in no man's land most of the game 

6 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

CR comes across as a very likeable bloke. Sure, he might talk in cliches and he certainly has the the gift of the gab, but if (a big if) the players believe in him, it's got to be a good thing, right?

Rhetoric/cliches from the coach are ok but as always it boils down to performances on the pitch and whether the players deliver on the coaches rhetoric. Last season we didn't.  

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

"But when you can’t win, it’s important you don’t lose.” #1 in the Carlo Cliche's for this season. Stay tuned for more in australia's newest game show Carlo Cliche watch

At what point do you decide you can't win, 94th minute? What a Gooze!

41 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

CR comes across as a very likeable bloke. Sure, he might talk in cliches and he certainly has the the gift of the gab, but if (a big if) the players believe in him, it's got to be a good thing, right?

Rodwell said in his post game interview we have a good manager he's played under some decent ones so hopefully should know 

59 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Rodwell said in his post game interview we have a good manager he's played under some decent ones so hopefully should know 

If only a player would be up front in an on pitch interview and state something like 'He's a numpty and knows **** all'.

Rodwell thinks he's a good manager because he gave him another gig.

On 21/11/2021 at 11:37 PM, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Perfect solution.

CR to DofF/Recruitment. let him out a squad together and then he can hand over to someone else and go on hols till the next window.

The man knows how to pull in a signing

Said the exact same thing to a mate during the game. If Robo made the signings and someone else coached the side, we could be anything

18 minutes ago, matty said:

Said the exact same thing to a mate during the game. If Robo made the signings and someone else coached the side, we could be anything

Maybe just maybe JT and Lederer aren't the complete nobheads everyone thinks they are 

Just now, matty said:

Oh, I'd say bringing in a good squad is only half the job (or less). Keeping them motivated, playing to a plan and well drilled is another thing - that remains to be seen. 

Well, we are going to find out the answer pretty quick on if CR is up to the job. He has everything at his disposal to be successful this season, everything is lined up for him....Its going to show up quickly if he isn't right.

38 minutes ago, matty said:

Oh, I'd say bringing in a good squad is only half the job (or less). Keeping them motivated, playing to a plan and well drilled is another thing - that remains to be seen. 

yep but that's all CRs job remains to be seen how he goes with it. But my point was it's fashionable on here to play JT for all the troubles of the team, when in reality he's held up his end of the bargain pretty well the last couple of seasons

• mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic