Old McDonald Wins A Derby

1 hour ago, tardotz said:

Ziggy was the MOM for me and Bruce a close second .....but all our players today showed what it means to play with pride...they should all be happy with their performance

Natta was immense MoM by someways for me the kid is class

7 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Natta was immense MoM by someways for me the kid is class

Natta was immense first half. From what I could see he had a dodgy 15 min spell where he turned the ball over near our penna area but got his shyte together again. I think he got a few words in his ear. MoM ...nah not for me, v good performance though.

Hard to look past Kamau, and Mutch showed a bit of quality. Ziggy was like a little ******* snappy Yorkshire Terrier dog. Never stoped snapping at the heels of ESFC, never gave in.

ESFC were not direct enough around the box dinky passes to deadends We did a great job of mopping them up. When they went more direct towards the end they caused us more issues, that’s when they pulled the pen.  Caceras made a difference for them, his pace and direct running it to the box had us worried and we were not dealing with him. He was what ESFC were lacking all night. 

All in alll a top notch performance. In a sense an away team type performance, soak up some pressure and hit in the break, it worked well, similar to what MV did to us. What we need to do it back up, and learn how to deal with direct pace (as per Caceras and MV game).

Edited by Smoggy

What a pleasant surprise that was. The defensive effort was immense, including Ziegler, who played his best game for us. I was critical of the decision not to chase a good central defender and sign McDonald, well that proved to be a bit silly on last nights performance. If only we can continue like this for the remaining games, here's hoping.

Great boisterous and passionate crowd pity it wasn't a sellout.  

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

Reminded me of many of our ACL wins!

Great show of commitment and tenacity from the team. Fantastic  effort!

I'm hoping some confidence will flow on from that win in the coming games.

Congrats to the RBB for their MAMMOTH effort! Can't remember when they sounded so powerful!!

🖤🖤🖤

Like old times, quick glance to my son showed he was right in to it, which was great to see as interest had been drifting, nights like this needed badly.

This coming week is where the manager really earns his beans. He has to capture that intensity and take it across the remainder of the season. Typical wanderers would be to lose the next game, he needs to ensure this does not happen and the opportunity not wasted. That is how you get the fans back, consistency...

24 minutes ago, Ossified said:

CR at his post match interview when asked about pressure...."pressure is not having a job or a roof over your head"

CR has risen a lot in my estimations.

Think I've heard something similar, after the '98 World Cup...from this man.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/the-forgotten-legends-of-football-jose-luis-chilavert

But yes...a good sentiment.

20,000 with a bloody great atmosphere, RBB were sensational, hats off to you guys bloody brilliant, naughty flare as well and cops in attendance.

Game had everything except a red, real derby match, Bumjohan was on a personal mission, you could see he needed to get a monkey off his back, did he? did he **** whinging t***

No Mcgowan ! it helped, first half defending was rock, a bit more sketchy and desperate in the second but they needed goals.

turning point? thought it was Bobo's penalty miss if that went in ............ would have been tougher, i don't think i can nominate a MOM because they ALL put a shift in, right down to the tea lady in the sheds, proud of the effort ! 

:wanderturtle::golecapproves:

39 minutes ago, Ossified said:

CR at his post match interview when asked about pressure...."pressure is not having a job or a roof over your head"

Also, twice he mentioned that big things are happening behind the scenes. Sounds like we can look forward to the next off season.

6 minutes ago, FCB said:

Also, twice he mentioned that big things are happening behind the scenes. Sounds like we can look forward to the next off season.

That’s great but.. this season is still winnable. It’s so tight go on a run and we can do something 

Long as he now keeps a winning formula and doesn’t revert back to type 

1 hour ago, Ossified said:

Reminds me of the one and only Keith Miller. Ashes tour and he was asked about being under pressure he replied “Pressure? Pressure’s a Messerschmitt up your arse, not playing cricket”