AFL/NRL/Union/Cricket Bashing Thread 3

mack

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Pretty sure I read that the FFA have to sign off on these games because they involve A-league teams. So that gives them the leverage to hold off until the contract stipulates what sort of promotional events occur.

Bet your arse that is what AFL would do in the same situation.

Would like to see a travelling football team turn around and go "wait, this is a photo shoot with a rival sport against football... no thank you."

4 minutes ago, Jukes75 said:

If they only knew what we were up against, maybe they'd think differently and tell the afl folk to f*** right off.

The stated aim of the AFL is to kill football in Australia. 

I just went on a forum discussing the miniature Sydney derby and basically told them it is manufactured rather than real. What a response.

14 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I just went on a forum discussing the miniature Sydney derby and basically told them it is manufactured rather than real. What a response.

You should of then asked them where their world championship will held....oh wait ...they don't have one...!

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Please give us a link or screenshots

11 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

There must be more to it than simply having an affair? Maybe the women are threatening legal action or something?

I don't understand why it would force a resignation unless there were bigger concerns?

1 hour ago, Carns said:

There must be more to it than simply having an affair? Maybe the women are threatening legal action or something?

I don't understand why it would force a resignation unless there were bigger concerns?

Their problems are on the moral side.

our problems are the lack of competence and dictatorial attitudes of the Lowys and David "I want a different sport to administer" Gallop.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, Gazmon said:

Would like to see a travelling football team turn around and go "wait, this is a photo shoot with a rival sport against football... no thank you."

I'm so sick of this ****. 

As others have said, AWFUL do everything they can to destroy football, yet jump on the bandwagon every time there is an opportunity to ride off footballs back and get a Sherrin into a photo opportunity. It sickens me.

I seriously do not understand how whoever is in control allow this to happen? Both games are in Sydney yet I do not see the NRL leaching off this tour.

I suppose it's because the NRL are more comfortable in their skin then the AFL who are historically insecure.

now dont click the link but i wanted to have a laugh so i was reading the big footy gws section and this post happened

Fantastic to see "the march" is back on:

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-07-11/join-the-march-to-spotless

We're leaving HQ for Spotless at 5pm. It would be great to see as many people as possible, and make an impression not on only the Swans, but all those WSW fans heading to ANZ.

Let's go, Giants, let's go!

lol i am sure they made a huge impression, all 12 of them :P

******* deluded

1 hour ago, hawks2767 said:

That's it I'm cancelling my WSW membership tomorrow.

The 'here come the Gi-ants' chant has just made me give up football altogether

:rofl:

lol its the funniest post i have heard for a while, every wanderers match you would see pretty much a thousand people(in some cases more) marching along as one and he thinks we are going to be impressed by 12 bogans yelling give me a G give me a W give me an S :P

11 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

now dont click the link but i wanted to have a laugh so i was reading the big footy gws section and this post happened

Fantastic to see "the march" is back on:

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-07-11/join-the-march-to-spotless

We're leaving HQ for Spotless at 5pm. It would be great to see as many people as possible, and make an impression not on only the Swans, but all those WSW fans heading to ANZ.

Let's go, Giants, let's go!

lol i am sure they made a huge impression, all 12 of them :P

******* deluded

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I watched Offsiders today after refereeing 2 games earlier today, vainly hoping for coverage of our game last night. I also watch for their crap comments on our game. No such luck. 

They started bashing the AFL hierarchy over the events of last week, Thugby League with State-of-Queensland, Wimbledon, Tour-de-France, and Thugby Union plus a passing mention to Formula 1.

Not one mention of the two biggest sporting events in Australia held at ANZ this week.

so after the roasting they copped on the Liverpool-smurfs game, they are going to ignore us.

18 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I watched Offsiders today after refereeing 2 games earlier today, vainly hoping for coverage of our game last night. I also watch for their crap comments on our game. No such luck. 

They started bashing the AFL hierarchy over the events of last week, Thugby League with State-of-Queensland, Wimbledon, Tour-de-France, and Thugby Union plus a passing mention to Formula 1.

Not one mention of the two biggest sporting events in Australia held at ANZ this week.

so after the roasting they copped on the Liverpool-smurfs game, they are going to ignore us.

I watched as well, hoping for the same.

It's an AFL-centric programme broadcast out of an AFL dominated state.. Silly me.  As if they were going to give any credence to the two biggest sporting events in this country this week. (by a country mile)

Edited by Wanderboy
6 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I watched as well, hoping for the same.

It's an AFL-centric programme broadcast out of an AFL dominated state.. Silly me.  As if they were going to give any credence to the two biggest sporting events in this country this week. (by a country mile)

At least they didn't mention the miniature Sydney Derby.

Catching the train to the game with my youngest, I could see that they studiously avoided eye contact and were not impressed that their game was the biggest in town.

You'd think at least the Swans fans have a bit more class than the Giants and their counterparts in Vic but alas they don't.

At maccas on the M4 last night, me, my old man, and there were a few WSW and Arse fans behind us walking in, and as we were walking in, there was bunch of old men who are Swans fans walking out, one of the Arse fans was holding the door for them and one of the Swans mumbled '**** wog' at him.

My dad heard him and had a go at him but the swans kept walking back to his car.

AFL = Forever a white man's game.

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Aunty has been sulking for a while now ... they also wanted the FTA A-League rights lost out to 10 ... since then they have hardly said a word and when they do its totally negative... **** the ABC as far as I am converned.

10 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Aunty has been sulking for a while now ... they also wanted the FTA A-League rights lost out to 10 ... since then they have hardly said a word and when they do its totally negative... **** the ABC as far as I am converned.

Also zero mention of last night's game on ABC news.

Talked about the so-called derby between the Canberra Caucasians and Very North South Melbourne, but zero about this:

League declines to comment on new revelation.png

Mods the edit function on this site needs a tad more work.. edited within two minutes of posting from above post.

The ABC is showing its colours they are a mouth piece for the AFL & Netabll..

Consider for a minute Basketball, the worlds second biggest sport, played world over, with for decades in Australia both men's and women's teams.. The Australian women's team regularly compete in the Olympics as do the men's team... The salary of some of Basketball female players would buy and sell netball many times over... some of the Australian male basketball players earn more than a couple of AFL teams

Basketball has more players in Australia than both netball and AFL yet all they talk about on the ABC is Netball never Basketball which as a competition paying far more money to its players than netball and certainty more to its female players.. 

The ABC can go and get *******.. their bias towards AFL and Netball is actually against their charter ... lets not forget about the """Summer of Cricket""" .. 

The ABC charter is they are required to show Australian involvement where its large and mostly uncovered by the FTA networks. I am thinking of writing to my local MP about the blatant bias the ABC is showing towards Football..

• mack locked and unlocked this topic