Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

10 minutes ago, wswnick said:

All good points, but is he a westie?

Bankstown from memory. Definitely a Sydney boy

Played at Spirit and Blacktown city. Tends to be that players going overseas get the Westie drilled out of them, learn a bit of class like learning to use a knife and fork. However he’s spent 12 months in Scotland which is about the same as 12 months in Penrith. He’s back to being a classless scum bag like the rest of us I’d say

3 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Ribery has excluded France as his next destination...

So we're still in with a chance!

Well you have to admit. Who on earth would want to play for PSG or any other French Ligue 1 club when you have an opportunity of a lifetime to play for Western Sydney Wanderers?.

Plus, Paris has the Eiffel Tower, Parramatta has the Meriton Tower.

So, if he comes to Wanderers, he'll feel like he is at home.

20 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Played for auburn not lived there same group of players came up together with bridge and a couple others who i forgotten, but funny thing was mil and bridgey weren't the most talented but they made it. 

Bring him home 

Pretty sure he grew up around the area... as far as I remember Birrong to be exact.. 

went to primary/high school  school with him

Was in his team in our soccer gala day in year 5/6....put it on my resume  

13 minutes ago, Jefski said:

Last year he tweeted about Marseille when they were in the Europa League final, so think he likes to get involved when his former clubs do something of note, but then again he didn't congratulate Galatasaray last year....

Edited by SteveB
4 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

aaKUVmaI?format=jpg&name=600x314

Nathan Burns left Nix. Is he still a good choice for us?

I have it on very good authority that he wanted to sign for us the year he almost won the golden boot with the Nix (behind Janco in 14/15) but Popa only offered him a 1 year contract and he wanted 2 years. I think that ship has now sailed. Still a Western Sydney boy but definitely not the player he used to be.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic