Melbourne City vs Western Sydney Wanderers 26/03/2021 7:05PM

How much did we learn from the game where we were dominated by them...?

They will want to play a high tempo game.

90 min effort required.

Can't let them run with the ball or give them space.  

Have to close down Maclaren, Nabbout, Luna, Noone.

We are a chance IF we play well. 

Edited by sonar

Last game against City they stopped us from using our wingbacks which were our only attacking outlets.

Last game (Perth) we played a lot more down the middle rather than out wide and it worked very well, against one of the best attacking teams off the park, rewarded with a clean sheet.

Does Robinson now know how to exploit City's weaknesses?

Win this by 2 or more and we go top of the table. Seems unlikely but there is a chance.

We had our chances against them last time, we have since significantly improved our attack. In saying that they could have won by 4 or 5 as well.

Shut down their wingers and don't give Maclaren any space and we might have a chance.

How we will fair I don't know, personally i'd just like to see a much improved performance in comparison to last time, give 110% and leave everything out on the pitch.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
1 hour ago, WanderingToqui said:

They will target our left side of Natta and Wilmering. Young and inexperienced. Noone and Nabout will bombard down that flank. 

We have to remain compact and CONCENTRATE for 90 minutes. 

They may also target Russell (relatively inexperienced) and McGowan (crap) too....:xnod:

Noone and Nabbout play high and wide. Who from #WSW pick them up early? Natta and Gordon expected to get out there? That will open more space for Maclaren to punish us.

Wingbacks to be way more defensive? Allows Atkinson and Jameson to cause trouble.

This area (high and wide) will be our Achilles heel against a a team with 3 at the front, and very wide attacking players like Nabbout and Noone, even if we play well.

Edited by Frankos187
22 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Makes for a solid multi option.

Anyone got some thoughts on any exotic options to bet responsibly?  Am willing to throw some lose change at some long odds.  I am on Ladbrokes and cant see they have the option for individual players scoring.  Come from behind or leading/trailing halves could be interesting though.

31 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Anyone got some thoughts on any exotic options to bet responsibly?  Am willing to throw some lose change at some long odds.  I am on Ladbrokes and cant see they have the option for individual players scoring.  Come from behind or leading/trailing halves could be interesting though.

Given that we always seem to concede early and finish games strongly Ladbrokes has City leading after 15 minutes at $5 and WSW coming from behind to win at $19.

27 minutes ago, Davo said:

Given that we always seem to concede early and finish games strongly Ladbrokes has City leading after 15 minutes at $5 and WSW coming from behind to win at $19.

Based on recent form not bad options, but at the same time I’m seeing it as a pretty tough game that I’d be happy to draw. I’m throwing the sun in the multi but probably about it, maybe loose change on the come from behind too.

Team announced:

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 2.Ziggy GORDON, 4.Dylan McGOWAN (C), 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 7.Bruce KAMAU, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Bernie IBINI, 10.Simon COX, 11.Kwame YEBOAH, 12.Mitch DUKE, 13.Tate RUSSELL, 14.James TROISI, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 18.Graham DORRANS, 19.Jordon MUTCH, 27.Nicolai MULLER, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 30.Daniel MARGUSH (GK), 33.Mark NATTA, 39.Thomas AQUILINA, 40.Noah JAMES (GK).

Ins: 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (promoted), 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (promoted)

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic