Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 05/04/2024 7:45PM

20 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

nothing less a win demanded here, got to maintain gap from 7 & 8 position, yes do not lose understand THAT, but............. A WIN IS A MUST HERE.

The way I see this, we have a 4pt lead over City. They have 3 very winnable games out of 4 remaining. Thats probably 9 points for them, but that 4th game is a derby so who knows what happens. Also one of those games is against us, basically making it a 6 point game in the race to the finals.

Means we need at LEAST 2 wins and a draw. Brisbane absolutely has to be one of those scalps. Sydney needs to be the other, simply because my ego cant take losing to that lot again.

Hilariously, if results go our way we could easily finish 3rd. City beating Victory would be key there

Technically if we win our remaining games, the Nix lose all their games, CCM beat the Nix but lose the rest, Victory beat the Nix but lose the rest, Sydney lose against us, and Macarthur beat Sydney and the Nix but lose the rest, then we win the Premiers Plate by being level on points with CCM and the Nix, but having won more games than the Nix and would need a better GD than CCM.

Just booking my WSW 2024 Premiers tattoo now.

22 minutes ago, Davo said:

Technically if we win our remaining games, the Nix lose all their games, CCM beat the Nix but lose the rest, Victory beat the Nix but lose the rest, Sydney lose against us, and Macarthur beat Sydney and the Nix but lose the rest, then we win the Premiers Plate by being level on points with CCM and the Nix, but having won more games than the Nix and would need a better GD than CCM.

Just booking my WSW 2024 Premiers tattoo now.

Rudan is furiously taking notes and will become the tactical genius he knows he is.

3 hours ago, Potkorok said:

Nah Wanderers way would be to lose this one, somehow snag a win in the derby, lose to City then somehow beat Victory but then still get bundled out first week of the finals:xnod:

Lmao the only team I am confident of beating from the top 6 is Macarthur. In fact I am more confident of us beating Macarthur again than us beating Brisbane on Friday.

Can't see why they'd cancel it. There's no forecast for lightning and the field drains pretty well as I've never seen it get waterlogged since the rebuild.

24 minutes ago, Davo said:

Can't see why they'd cancel it. There's no forecast for lightning and the field drains pretty well as I've never seen it get waterlogged since the rebuild.

There was that time where it was cancelled not because of Stadium drainage but because the river was overflowing there was nowhere for the water to go.

It depends on what happens to the water table of the river.

We had a W-League game postponed because of rain, but that was in Feb 2022 where it rained literally the entire month, the river flooded and covered all the wharves and that museum construction site.

Just arrived at the gate.

You won't be surprised to hear that I've seen as many police as patrons so far. 

Edited by Edinburgh

Lineup is in:

Borello, Brook, Milanovic, Priestman, Kittel, Hendrix, Clisby, Marcelo, Beadling, Simmons, Thomas

Subs: Cleur, Pierias, Antonsson, Ninkovic, Russel, Bonetig, Margush

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic