Wanderers Ban Active Support

54 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

And this is what the FFA want.

They are so paranoid about what the rest of politically correct Australia thinks, they have lost sight (or never had it) with what football is and means to its fans. To have stooges like Gallop and Buckley running the game just proves that the Board have no idea as well.

Bring in a proper football person from somewhere else in the world who knows how to deal with fans and who understands the game's culture. Someone who knows how to deal with cops and security.

And........someone who actually knows how to market the ******* game.

It's no wonder the game is in free fall in this country. How long has the governance issue been carrying on, and how many deadlines have been passed and then extended? No doubt Franks influence protecting the family. Why is the FFA so adamant to hold onto power? Why do they think they are so right?

Can they not see the damage they are doing to the game?

I feel the same as you. I'm almost done for this season, and I never thought I'd say that.

It's not rocket science, our Club said pre season no flares and some stooge rips a flare and this all flares up again.  Bringing in a proper football person won't all of a sudden make flares legal at sporting events in this country.  You ask for someone to correctly market the game but have no problem with all the negative publicity and dont want to please politically correct Australia - where are these mystery fans you are marketing the game going to come from, the ones that want to be here are already here.  

I think most of us are done with the season. Maybe the support will return when Parra is finally built. 

The action had to happen but will it stop the flares? No. These idiots will continue to bring them, regardless of the cost to the club

On another note, if security actually does its job, they dont get in. When security is more worried about a water bottle than actual weapons, that is part of the problem

Dress civilians with offensive clothing to navigate around a tifo ban. What a plan. So the wording is offensive because why. A manifesto for sure is in order but given the limited space a summation was a better outcome. The safety issue around flares. A club marshall did warn me but I said it was the only thing keeping my legs warm. The moral issue around breaching FFA regulations and enraging the pro war media. I'll leave that to wiser folk than me. P.S I trust the RBB reacts by voting to boycott if further punitive measures are used. Tika taka. 

Edited by DamnedUnited
13 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

So according to Townsend, flares are worse than violence.

Both Sydney teams have a small percentage of idiotic supporters who actually get off on the violence. We even have one dope on this forum who constantly writes stupid **** about violence. Then when you get some bad ass police who are on a power trip, it is a terrible combination to have inside a stadium. Like a volcano about to erupt. The flares are more just a symbol of being anti authoritarian. The tension between people is what is most dangerous.

Townsend is a joke for saying what he did. But it seems that he is just trying to protect the image of his club. I think he knows himself that things could go pretty bad from his side if it starts getting out of hand. No one think Sydney FC supporters are impeccable. Only his ego.

I'm not even mad. While I don't necessarily agree with the ban, I can see why they did it and I also think the punishment somewhat fits the crime, unlike the ridiculousness of the FFA asking our club to show cause about the action of a group of people AT AN AWAY GAME. This is the second time we've had to show cause and both times our club had no control over who was in the RBB.  What nonsense.

Anyway, if you asked me was it worth it, I'd say hell yeah. I'd take dancing around in the rain with a couple of flares over standing at Spotless, or ANZ or whichever hell-hole we're playing in next week. I wouldn't take back the Arnie dick tifo, as it had me giggling for days as mainstream media tried to show it but not show it, I wouldn't take back this, I wouldn't change any of it. (Except maybe that Bridge shot against Adelaide that somehow screwed wide and cost us both the Premiership and probably Championship.)

By the way, this is easy for me to say as I couldn't make the next two games anyway! Will be interesting.

13 minutes ago, WestSyd said:

Both Sydney teams have a small percentage of idiotic supporters who actually get off on the violence. We even have one dope on this forum who constantly writes stupid **** about violence. Then when you get some bad ass police who are on a power trip, it is a terrible combination to have inside a stadium. Like a volcano about to erupt. The flares are more just a symbol of being anti authoritarian. The tension between people is what is most dangerous.

Townsend is a joke for saying what he did. But it seems that he is just trying to protect the image of his club. I think he knows himself that things could go pretty bad from his side if it starts getting out of hand. No one think Sydney FC supporters are impeccable. Only his ego.

While he's being a knob he handled it so much better than JT. Just said that their fans were good and that a few did the wrong thing but were dealt with by police and security. No hysteria, no knee jerk reactions.

To Hughsey's point earlier about no-one knowing much about this until now and football constantly shooting itself in the foot - only one person at my work even knew there was a derby until today. Then one of the Communications girls looks up from her job checking the media and says "Hey B-tron (well she used my real name), I see a whole bunch of your fans are banned." 

Me: "Yeah me too. Someone ripped a couple of flares so they banned us all"

Her: "Not just that, I read they were anti-social and had offensive messages on their shirts."

Pause.

Her: "I never knew what ACAB meant. Hah! All cops are bad"

Me: "Bastards"

Her: "Ah yeah that sounds more like it, I didn't think "bad" sounded very bad. ACAB... hmmm"

She nods approvingly and turns back to her work.

9 minutes ago, Davo said:

While he's being a knob he handled it so much better than JT. Just said that their fans were good and that a few did the wrong thing but were dealt with by police and security. No hysteria, no knee jerk reactions.

Yeah but he can afford to do that because no-one is aiming their targets at his club. I've not been a fan of our leadership, but I bet JT wishes he could lay low when **** like this hits the fan too.

3 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Yeah but he can afford to do that because no-one is aiming their targets at his club. I've not been a fan of our leadership, but I bet JT wishes he could lay low when **** like this hits the fan too.

I agree he has it tougher than the FFA's pet, but banning the whole active area is not a great way to lay low.

It*s amazing the rubbish you can spout when you have a spine, Townsend has defended his club and supporters the way McGuire and Newman defend AFL. Since John T has been allowed near a computer,  I cannot recall an email where he wasn*t backpeddaling, pointing the finger or telling us they are doing all that can be done. He constantly rams negative statements down our throats or attempts to split the supporter base, it is no coincidence the club has gone backwards since his promotion.

Townsend 1-0 Tsatsimas

Its alright for the club to do this but at the least Western Sydney Wanderers will be fined and suspended points deduction  , at the worst immediate points deduction.

Forget all the dribble about how unfair this ban is and you in the RBB tell the club (anonymously if you wish) who the hell these hooligans are and add them to the banned for life list.

RBB manage your group, if you see a stranger in with you check them out see if their not a rival supporter (might be a bit difficult)

Club how about spending some money on camera monitoring in these situations , especially if flairs were found in the toilets at Alliance the day before , put enough cameras up so these hooligans get caught.

Lets solve this for good , Wanderers need the RBB but not under it's current form.

Geez I have been at games where just the presence of RBB gives us an advantage has anybody been to Newcastle and listen to the march and noise as the go along the back of the eastern stand , you can see it in the eyes of the Newcastle people that the Wanderers are here to play.

Come on lets fix this before we lose points if it is not to late.

13 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

In 2 weeks when we kill the glory and nix everyone will be wsw horny again 

we will be back in the hunt for 4th happy times! 

Or we have three points scratched, loose against Perth after Thwaite comes off with an injury, and drop out of the top seven. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic