Squad Development 2021/22

9 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

I also think he didn't favour the 5 at the back set up we played. 

Yes! After we beat the smurfs in a post match interview, he said that we played a system we were all familiar/comfortable with. 

That was the last time we played with that formation.

2 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

He was terrible last night, held on to the ball too long

Yeah to an extent. But I thought he retains that class touch and got us out of trouble earning free kicks, but didn't settle on what he wanted to do with the ball. Set up that great chance for a sweaty goal with McGree.

But anyway think hed be a great shout. Never make a decision of one performance, against a good side too might we add. Otherwise youd never sign a player.

Daniel Arzani what can you say.

There were moments last night against Argentina that were reminiscent of his old Melbourne City and Socceroo World cup days but then there were other moments like his wussy pass that lead to Metcalfe getting his yellow card. I can see why European clubs have not taken to him, entirely regressed and hasn't improved in the areas he needed to.

I am not sure whether we should do the sneaky to be honest.

1 minute ago, GE942150 said:

You reckon we chose not to keep Mutch or he chose not to stay?

They worded it as if we chose not to keep him. I feel its the other way around though

We probably also chose not to match what Macarthur are offering him 

Does this seem about right so far

OUT >IN
Duke>Hemed
Kamau>???
Dorrans>???
Mutch>???
Baccus>Ugarkovic*
Cox/SMac>????
Muller>Najjarine 
Ziegler>????
McGowan>Williams

Put Ugarkovic as Baccus replacement as was originally signed for this coming season and I think club knew Baccus was likely to depart. 

Still plenty of work to do. Though I still think one of the problems last season was having two many 'first teamers'. Couldn't possibly keep them all happy.

I'd be happy to see us replace Kamau/Cox with one quality player. 
Same with Dorrans/Mutch

45 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Daniel Arzani what can you say.

There were moments last night against Argentina that were reminiscent of his old Melbourne City and Socceroo World cup days but then there were other moments like his wussy pass that lead to Metcalfe getting his yellow card. I can see why European clubs have not taken to him, entirely regressed and hasn't improved in the areas he needed to.

I am not sure whether we should do the sneaky to be honest.

Can see flashes, but i can't take to guy somehow, he also wastes possession and collapses to the floor too easily for my liking.

Don't doubt there is a good player in there somewhere but happy to pass on him.

Arzani has definitely regressed.

I think the injuries really stuffed him up, lost a lot of pace.

He's legs look like units, which is good for bodybuilding / rugby league but for a quick explosive winger.... not so much.

Edited by Stokz

I'm not convinced we'd have made a 'luvrative offer' for Mutch. He was off the bench mostly, solid and experienced but nothing exceptional. His best days were more promise/potential that never arrived. I'd hope for than what we saw.

I'm still expecting some decent signings to come, on top of Hemed, Williams and Najjarine. I dont think Hemed is like for like replacement for Duke or Kamau.  Hopefully he will be a significant goal scorer, which we haven't really had. We need another attacker who can run with the ball, work hard and complement Hemed.

We need Williams to centre the defence and get them firing. We also need a solid DM to work with Ugarkovic.

7 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Yes! After we beat the smurfs in a post match interview, he said that we played a system we were all familiar/comfortable with. 

That was the last time we played with that formation.

Yep say what you like about CR but he is a man of a conviction

8 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Honestly couldn't agree with you more, I just personally can't see it happening.

He had an amazing performance last night and didn't get enough credit for it.

He bossed their centre backs the whole game, and then you'd see him running back into midfield, he's ace

Arnold got it right putting him in as the leader 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic