Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

13 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

The corporate SIDE (not end) looks shite tbh.

They'll all be eating their prawn sangers sipping their ******* craft beer raising their glasses to the WDWSF, rather than replying. **** that.

The only saving grace is that the other 3 sides of the stadium (27000 of us) will be full of wogs, inbreds, dole bludgers, illegal immigrants and so forth. People who actually give a shite about football. 

I just hope Fox Sports place the ground mics in the right positions, and we can hear proper football atmosphere, and not the shucking of oysters and popping of champagne corks.

I trust there's room for a currently employed, slightly over weight, middle aged white guy in there somewhere?

:flag:

1 hour ago, portaluppista23 said:

ok jut searched for some tix and apparently its sold out so have to put in email so they can let me know of available tix fingers crossed

From what I can see, the only section sold out is the Leeds end. Rest of the stadium has tickets available

I'm waiting to buy and RBB ticket as I refuse to pay $50 plus handling fees - they will have to come down eventually

Not sure what the issue is with the western side. It’s becoming quite common in stadium design . Corporate facilities on the broadcast side. Fans filled into stand on opposite side ...

reality is that hospitality is a large part of the clubs revenue stream..

also having been to a stadium last year with similar planning (spartak stadium) it’s actually not bad ! The hard surfaces bounce the sound back towards the rest of the ground .

1 hour ago, sasam said:

Not sure what the issue is with the western side. It’s becoming quite common in stadium design . Corporate facilities on the broadcast side. Fans filled into stand on opposite side ...

The issue is the lack of fans on one side of the stadium, the fans get stuck in the sun (corporate doesn’t) & the main reason is cost cutting to ensure the lowest possible cost.

2 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

The issue is the lack of fans on one side of the stadium, the fans get stuck in the sun (corporate doesn’t) & the main reason is cost cutting to ensure the lowest possible cost.

Is it just me or would it make more sense to have the east as the corporate side? The sun won't affect them much in air conditioned boxes/rooms. The seats in the open wouldn't be occupied until a couple of minutes before kick off when the impact of the sun would be minimised. Then the fans could have the western side to enjoy.

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Is it just me or would it make more sense to have the east as the corporate side? The sun won't affect them much in air conditioned boxes/rooms. The seats in the open wouldn't be occupied until a couple of minutes before kick off when the impact of the sun would be minimised. Then the fans could have the western side to enjoy.

it does make more sense but god forbid a corporate has to be touched by sunlight for a second :P 

17 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

But it wouldn't look as good on TV.

Soo much hate going on towards people in a corporate box. 90% of them are going to be working class fans just like you who work for a company that sponsors our club. Rich executives never show up to the corporate box, it's for the people at the company who are fans. The construction company my mum works for has a box at ANZ and every week they just invite all the subbies that they know go for the teams that are playing and send one of the young fellas to host. 

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

No...for some of us we are heading back home to the east stand....:)

East stand new comers will have to fit in...or **** off....

Edited by Smoggy

Ummmm….

I think it's a bit too late now! :D

The people who pay most money get the best seats.

12 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I don’t like the sun in my eyes either, but I’m hoping that the roof structure will cover it better than in the old stadium. 

A benefit of having the masses on the east side is a quicker or easier way to your car or public transport. Imagine 20,000 people together having to walk around the whole stadium at the end of the game. This way once you’re through the gate, people just disperse in all different directions. 

I am just happy that we are going back to Parra....and the shytefest that was/is SOP will be no more. If it cost a little extra in sunscreen.,,,,..a very small price to pay and you can sit in the shade around the stadium till nearly kickoff time anyway.......toughen up.......lol   :D 

Edited by sonar

I literally dreamt about going to this stadium last night.  But I did dream a lot of weird stuff, which I attribute to  some possibly dodgy chicken nachos (With Sriracha chilli mayo), a couple of Coronas, a Bundy Lazy Bear and a few tequilas while watching Victory in the ACL last night.  Went to bed after the first half.

10 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Fixed.

If they ruin this beautiful stadium with stupid red and black nets I won’t be responsible for my actions*.

* complaining to my mates and on here

Yeah because the wrong coloured nets will just ruin the stadium. The stadium should have been designed and built around the goal nets really...

• mack locked this topic