Western Sydney Stadium Construction (New Parramatta Stadium)

mack

two years ago used to sit behind the goal in the family section with my two boys, sunshine or sitting there in rain soaked poncho things.

As long as we are covered and the four enclosed sides make a bowl for more noise, come on we are better off aren't we?

my only concern of this stadium build, are there enough rows in bottom tier? just seems a wee cramped there, half RBB under and the other half on second tier, will that split the timing and unity of their performance somewhat?

13 hours ago, sonar said:

Anything at Parra will be better than SOP or ANZ....lt's just the waiting.....waiting.......waiting for it to be finished, that's the hard part.

One season to go.

Well this time next year is could be opened, I suspect Eels will play there first I think i would still go to the game just to get a feel for the place.

This is the same mob that oversaw the serving of a 'fish burger' with two fish fingers and a slither of lettuce, along with a 'hamburger' that was basically a flattened meatball drowned in bbq sauce and charged over $12 for the privilege. Sounds awesome... 

4 minutes ago, mack said:

Yes.

Capture.JPG

Thing is though...unpopular post.....but the Eels are one of the best supported NRL clubs out there. It is only their total  ineptitude on and off the pitch that has killed them for so long. If the good times ever did roll back around for them (ha yeah right) then they could average low 20's. Even in their run to the finals last season they were **** for long periods and the fans were still not on board. If they get their **** together the Eels could comfortably fill the new stadium regularly.

15 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Also the Wests Tigers are eyeing off our new stadium to play matches at.

What in the actual **** is going on

When i looked at some of the documents put out by the NSW authority, it always looked like they wanted 2 teams in the winter. 

However, they (NRL JV West Tigers) already play out of 3 stadiums (ANZ, Campbelltown and Leichhardt), what would a fourth do?

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

When i looked at some of the documents put out by the NSW authority, it always looked like they wanted 2 teams in the winter. 

However, they (NRL JV West Tigers) already play out of 3 stadiums (ANZ, Campbelltown and Leichhardt), what would a fourth do?

I think they'd replace ANZ with Parra. Obviously ANZ pays them to play there, but we all know how shite it is as a venue.

On 10/05/2018 at 11:10 AM, Paul01 said:

Whilst this is construction thread, I think this is the place to put this. 

The only good thing about this announcement is that we don’t get the SCG Trust runnng the new stadium.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/western-sydney-stadium-operator-announced

Hope they do a better job of the catering than at anz

On 11/05/2018 at 2:54 PM, hawks2767 said:

Also the Wests Tigers are eyeing off our new stadium to play matches at.

What in the actual **** is going on

You can probably add the dogs to that list too. No real surprise, the government didn’t build the stadium just for us two lol 

The thing will have more traffic through it than O’Connell street. Nothing is free in this day and age...

26 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

This is complete utter bullshit west Tigers taking our stadium aswell the pitch is going to get ****ed **** can lederer open the wallet and buy the stadium like every other club around the world has I mean if the tigers want to use our ground they can pay for it because it wasn't built for them 

Welcome to Sports Stadiums ownership in Australia !!!

5 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Welcome to Sports Stadiums ownership in Australia !!!

Exactly this.  As with virtually all sporting grounds of note in this country they are centrally owned and operated and teams, like us, are mere tenants. The MLS have seen the light and most clubs there  have boutique football stadiums now.  In this country the operators only care about maximizing revenue. 

Come one,  come ye all will be the catchcry.

Even if we had the money, as if the plans would pass for government approval. We live in a country with the one of the most monopolised stadium setups in the world. They’d undermine their whole policy by allowing single use stadiums to pop up. That’s why I’m so sceptical of all these expansion bids claiming to have their own stadium backing/plans. Won’t happen without major legislation change.

20 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

This is complete utter bullshit west Tigers taking our stadium aswell the pitch is going to get ****ed **** can lederer open the wallet and buy the stadium like every other club around the world has I mean if the tigers want to use our ground they can pay for it because it wasn't built for them 

we literally play on different grass for most of the season.

59 minutes ago, mack said:

Hopefully the club have the foreseight to have a clause in the contract preventing more than 1 NRL club playing during the A-League season.

You'll probably need another clause regarding the Waratahs coming out West for games

• mack locked this topic