Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

If,as reported, Leroy George was in WSW HQ in person last week then you would have to assume it was to sign a contract.All negotiations would of been done earler by his manager/management and only needed him to come in and sign the contract. Hopefully...lol

I’m gutted about Aspro, there is a top centre back in there of all the youth players that have come into first team he’s by far the best

I don’t blame Gombau for the injury but aspro shouldn’t have been playing that NPL game he should have been in the first team starting as ironically he was the only one of our centre backs remotely suited for philosophy ball

I never understood Popas desire to replace him with Thwaite who while a lovely guy is a donkey and can’t pass a ball to save his life 

19 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Leroy George should be announced when the tards announce his departure from what I'm hearing but I've been told he has signed but he is on holiday with victory teammates and should be announced when he comes back 

I was looking forward to #LeroyDay today :(

18 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I don’t blame Gombau for the injury but aspro shouldn’t have been playing that NPL game he should have been in the first team starting as ironically he was the only one of our centre backs remotely suited for philosophy ball

He only played the NYL Grand Final because Tass Mourdoukatus got injured. The day before the NYL Gf, we played an A-League game we had Hamill & Thwaite playing central defence, having won 4-0 the week before against Wellington with Thwaite scoring.

It was just unfortunate.

23 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

I hearing roly could be gone hint hint Perth could be his next destination.................................

You can see it now.........he will instantly turn into a superfast,brilliant passing, goalscoring freak.

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

I hearing roly could be gone hint hint Perth could be his next destination also if it does happen then frees up two foreign spots one for Honda another for the German coach

Cant get Honda if Leroy is signing. He will be our 2nd marquee...

Unless he is under the cap, which I highly doubt

2 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Cant get Honda if Leroy is signing. He will be our 2nd marquee...

Unless he is under the cap, which I highly doubt

Or the FFA allow it in the Cahill rule. City already had two marquees and the FFA let them have a third 

Bonevacia  reported as being in Perth over the weekend by a few different Glory fan forums and pages. Holiday or visiting an old boss?

Regarding his form. The second half of his first season was an absolute cracker, goals aside. Outside that he’s be meh

EDIT: nah just realised he was there for Lewis Italianos wedding. It’s a nothing burger

6 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

He is there for the bidding if we are prepared to pay for him - and he would be a step up from Shinji, who is a legend.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/australian-a-league/story/3493390/keisuke-honda-joins-andres-iniesta-on-a-league-marquee-shortlist?src=com

And we have been the most welcoming A-league club to Japanese players:xnod:

46 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

We can get him through the Japanese connection Shinjuku could persuade him to come here and dominate the league but the club is interested in him so we see what the German coach will think of him

We don’t have a coach signed yet, German or otherwise. JT is due back from holidays this week, we will know more after.

Hi Guys,

First time poster, long time reader.  Thanks for giving me something to smile about over a difficult last couple of years.

On Honda - a mate in Japan says he is currently training with Tokyo Verdy to keep fit, as he is in back in contention for the Japan World Cup squad but hasn't played a competitive game since April.

• mack locked this topic