Macarthur FC

mack

15 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

In tens years they'll be releasing press statements to the effect of 'We look forward to finalising the location of our new academy from one of the three places we have identified and been researching since 2005."

there were 4 places they have mentioned before:

- Tempe
- Kensington
- St. Peters
- Wentworth Park

14 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Macarthur Rams now in NPL3 and their youth in NPL2. 

However, they do do have women's teams.

Rams have underachieved for a number of years now. I've heard many stories of discord both at Rams and the MacArthur Association. Women's Fitst grade dropped off last season too.

When Gunner Jnr was 10 I took him to try out for the SAP team my first time in representative scene. 
they had 2 x 45 min sessions where they played a game and the kids who knew each other passed the ball to one another and my son barely touched it and got cut With little explanation 

I went to where Bridgey is playing now playing at Mounties it was a much better and longer selection trial and my son made it as I thought he should as some of the players at MacArthur were woeful. 

we played them during that season and they won 8 nil my son had a blinder and after the game when I was talking to a few dads from rams I knew the rams coach came up and those dads told them Him I was a MacArthur local and he said said you should have your boy here! 

I said I brought him here and you and the other coaches cut him because you wouldn’t know the first thing about football and walked off 

I always love sharing that story seemed a good time to do it haha 

Macarthur FC appoint Ken Stead as Director of Football

HYUNDAI A-League newcomers Macarthur FC have secured a major off-field signing with highly regarded coach and mentor Ken Stead announced as the club’s inaugural Director of Football.  In his role with Macarthur FC, the former Brisbane Roar assistant first team coach and director of football will initially focus on delivering a root and branch football department structure, from the senior teams right through to the club’s academy and community football set-up.  Stead was a key figure in developing Roar’s much-admired playing style that delivered multiple honours and nationwide respect during the Ange Postecoglou era.  His deep knowledge of football department structures, broad international experience and lengthy list of contacts around the world, will be valuable in establishing a best-practice model at Macarthur FC.  In addition to his positions with Brisbane Roar, the Scot’s CV includes roles with the Socceroos, Olyroos and Young Socceroos, the Scottish Football Association, the Iranian National Team, Al Wakra Sports Club in Qatar, Wellington Phoenix and Coventry City in the UK.As head of the football department, Stead will also play a central role in ensuring the club’s culture and values are integrated and consistently practiced throughout the club.

Earlier this year, Stead directed and organised Australia’s first ever International Football Coaching Conference Australia (IFCCA), attracting renowned keynote speakers from all corners of the world.  Speaking about his appointment, the 57-year-old said it was the opportunity to build something special at Macarthur FC that tempted him back into the Hyundai A-League.  “The region has impressive participation rates and is known as a hotbed of football talent.  To shape a football structure that will deliver new opportunities and pathways for these young players is a very exciting project and one I couldn’t resist,” he said.  “I’ve known the club’s Head Coach Ante Milicic for some time and I’m looking forward to working with him and his team.  Ante will have full control over first team matters with my initial focus being on building a whole-of-club structure with a view to long-term success.  “I’m aiming for a collaborative and productive relationship with the local associations, clubs, coaches and players.   Consultation and regular engagement are the keys and we will work hard to create the right environment where everyone can flourish.”   Macarthur FC Executive Chairman, Rabieh Krayem, was buoyant after securing Stead’s signature.  “Ken is someone who knows the game as well as anyone and understands not only what we want to achieve, but how we want to achieve it,”  Krayem said.“We are absolutely thrilled that he has decided to join us.  Ken brings vast knowledge and experience to the club which puts the football department in a very safe pair of hands.  ”Stead heads overseas at the end of this week and will take up his full-time role with Macarthur FC in December.

37 minutes ago, Erebus said:

A home building company as sponsor. Not surprised in the slightest for realestate FC

https://wisdomhomes.com.au/

OUR STORY

img3.png
With a passion for home design and sophisticated modern living, Domenic and Fay Vitalone founded Wisdom Properties Group in 1999. Simply known today as WISDOM, the company has proudly built thousands of new homes for families across New South Wales, with each home built reflecting the company’s commitment to efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction. Over the years, WISDOM has expanded its product offering to include Pools and Landscaping, thereby offering a complete turn-key solution. This unique offer has been instrumental in the company’s success by offering convenience to homebuyers and building homes that reflect the lifestyle needs of Australian families. Our success is also based on outstanding home design, created specifically to suit current trends, typical lot frontages and today’s new home building guidelines. WISDOM is a Multi-award winning homebuilder, backed by years of industry experience and now also by Japan's Sumitomo Forestry Group, an organisation boasting over 300 years experience and a global leader building over 16,000 homes annually. Together we’re committed to the pursuit of a higher standard of living for Australian families – for those wanting the finer things in life, and most importantly, those who wish to Live Boldly

If they are cashed up it’s at least gives hope it’s not another Gold Coast or Townsville debacle 

Results will determine the crowds so if money isn’t coming from bums on seats the other revenue streams are critical knowing the area id say anything around 7 to 8k would be acceptable first few years. 

anyone expecting 15k crowds for non derby games with us and smurfs is kidding themselves 

They are getting the foundations in early that’s critical and as beats said good for league. 

Edited by GunnerWanderer
5 hours ago, mack said:

First thing when I heard the sponsor was go see if they were owned by Walker. Appears not to be. Our sponsor Centuria is half-owned by Lederer.

The sponsor is 50% owned by Sumitomo Forestry which is part of a 300 year old Japanese company worth US$ billions.

Wisdom build 400 homes a year.  Sumitomo Forestry build 16,000 homes a year.

Edited by Flytox
6 hours ago, Flytox said:

Foundation memberships selling well.  #587 was the last one reported.

Got to be honest I am  a bit concerned about what impact they will have on our  current fan base (Defectors !!!!!) and future growth/new members.  Despite what they may say they  are already encroaching into "Our Territory"  I guess time will tell . 

Anyway decision  made by people who know  far better than us with absolutely no bias or protection to  the other team in Sydney,   

people like winners, we absolutely need to have a great season on and off the field , can see that the club recognise that and are acting accordingly ..

1 hour ago, jockman said:

Got to be honest I am  a bit concerned about what impact they will have on our  current fan base (Defectors !!!!!) and future growth/new members.  Despite what they may say they  are already encroaching into "Our Territory"  I guess time will tell . 

Anyway decision  made by people who know  far better than us with absolutely no bias or protection to  the other team in Sydney,   

people like winners, we absolutely need to have a great season on and off the field , can see that the club recognise that and are acting accordingly ..

The area they are marketing in has just under 10% of our members and just over 10% of Sydney FC members so although we call it "our territory" it is split because Sydney FC were around first.  It will now be split between 3 clubs.  When a western Sydney club was first "announced" Sydney FC lost about 40% of their members and no doubt most of them joined up with Wanderers when it first started up.  We will loose some members but it won't be too many.

Whilst they claim the whole of the Southern Districts Association as 'their' catchment area, my guess is that folk north of Liverpool (and maybe including) will generally stick with the Wanderers/Sydney FC. (Can't see Taurus switching camps ;)) If we have a good season (top 4) then it will be increasingly difficult for them to get the numbers they desire. I see average home crowds about the same as Western United. However from a 'neutral' point of view it's good to see them serious about an Academy. Western Sydney is still the country's powerhouse for Youth football so another elite facility is very welcome.

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Whilst they claim the whole of the Southern Districts Association as 'their' catchment area, my guess is that folk north of Liverpool (and maybe including) will generally stick with the Wanderers/Sydney FC. (Can't see Taurus switching camps ;)) If we have a good season (top 4) then it will be increasingly difficult for them to get the numbers they desire. I see average home crowds about the same as Western United. However from a 'neutral' point of view it's good to see them serious about an Academy. Western Sydney is still the country's powerhouse for Youth football so another elite facility is very welcome.

Felt the same about the academy. It will be a massive rivalry brewing

3 hours ago, jockman said:

No concerns whatsoever.

First off, as Flytox cites, they will be lucky to call upon 10% of our existing membership, plus the 10% smurf membership. The potential for any turnover in membership, particularly with us being back at Parra & (so far) doing almost everything right on & off the pitch should keep almost all aligned already to us with us. Plus, as previously discussed vis-a-vis the Members Committee, the club ain't going to be walking away from the Macarthur and south west.

Second, there club raison d'etre is supposedly designed to tap into both unaligned football fans out in the area to start with, and those people who move into the region in the coming years. I'd love to know who these unaligned sokkah fans are out in the south west/Macarthur...aside from already having perhaps us or the smurfs, there's also the Eurosnobs and the bitters/NPL community. Oh, and for all the hype about football support in the south west/Macarthur, league is king there. And those hordes of new arrivals in the coming years? How many of them will be coming in as 'clean skins' with zero or minimal affiliation from other clubs, sports? Not too many, based on what has happened in past developments (such as what I saw here in the Riff in 1970s & 80s).

If the Bullshtters have any thing that will help them it's that they have set themselves up as a long term project, with maybe 10 years from now the possibility to really become a 'thing'. Course in the mean time football in this country could change a lot, thanks to the potential for a NSD & maybe even pro/rel. 

Was just about to post that too pseuds (Sorry don’t have the full article).

Great to see this, a shame there doesn’t appear to be much appetite when it comes to fan ownership/representation on board when it comes to the Wanderers. (FYI: yes I know it was promised in our foundation year but that’s been it)

6 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Was just about to post that too pseuds (Sorry don’t have the full article).

Great to see this, a shame there doesn’t appear to be much appetite when it comes to fan ownership/representation on board when it comes to the Wanderers. (FYI: yes I know it was promised in our foundation year but that’s been it)

I don't think this is fan ownership but more so having members on who can vote as members which is something NRL clubs already do.

I brought this up with JT one time at the forum a few years ago if we could something similar and he rejected this approach and it's something the club is not looking at doing at all but did say the fans and members will have more of a say in the future, so the question is when?

Edited by SBW

But it is getting closer to the mark than what we currently have which is a members committee. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that fan representation on the board is fan ownership but it is a step in that direction about members involved & having an impact on the day to day running of the club.