Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Fox Sports are either short of news or completely oblivious to reality!

Headline: 'Breaking: Sydney pinch star from A-League rivals in ultimate robbery" Lol!!!

Part of the non-story says:

'Despite only finishing eighth in the 2018/19 season, Baumjohann had a breakout season in Sydney’s west, notching up 20 appearances and scoring three goals.

He arrives in Steve Corica’s new-look squad with an abundance of experience having made almost 100 appearances in the Bundesliga, most notably with Bayern Munich, Schalke 04, Hertha Berlin and Borussia Monchengladbach.'

Did he play elsewhere since us because I am trying to remember a 'breakout season'???!!!

4 minutes ago, Erimus said:

His comments deserve a hard first up tackle in derby 1 for sure

Do we have a hit man in the squad at the moment?

I was worried they'd pick up another Adrian or Bobo level player. Taking our rejects is actually kind of comforting.

They lost De Jong and replaced him with ABJ. They're both as injury prone as each other and De Jong is a better footballer so they've downgraded.

If Raddy can stay fit there's a good chance we've upgraded.

34 minutes ago, mack said:

If we have a foreign striker signed we have to wait for Ziggy citizenship before we could sign another foreign player.

If we get Brattan, after Zig citizenship I think a foreign winger may be required more than another defender.

Brat, Jedinak and a pom ss should be in the cap

40 minutes ago, Davo said:

I was worried they'd pick up another Adrian or Bobo level player. Taking our rejects is actually kind of comforting.

They lost De Jong and replaced him with ABJ. They're both as injury prone as each other and De Jong is a better footballer so they've downgraded.

If Raddy can stay fit there's a good chance we've upgraded.

De Jong and Baumjohann had statistically similar seasons outside of three stats: passes made, "key" passes and fouls won. ABJ was significantly higher, over double in those categories.

SFC clearly feel that with their squad changing to ABJ will allow him to use those categories to more effect on the scoreboard than De Jong, or what ABJ did with us last year.

It might work. It might not.

5 minutes ago, mack said:

De Jong and Baumjohann had statistically similar seasons outside of three stats: passes made, "key" passes and fouls won. ABJ was significantly higher, over double in those categories.

SFC clearly feel that with their squad changing to ABJ will allow him to use those categories to more effect on the scoreboard than De Jong, or what ABJ did with us last year.

It might work. It might not.

I’ll level with you I think injury permitting he’ll be good for them 

LeFondre will finish the chances he creates that the likes of Kamau etc butchered 

His big club statements are stupid but then again in the last three years we’ve finished 6,7 8th

and our derby record is embarrassing 

time for our club to show something rather than talk about it 

Edited by StringerBellend
  • mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic