Football Media Discussion 2

26 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

It's always baffled me as to why they are so keen on EPL news but not A League.

The only reason I can think of is they don't see football as a threat overseas, only when it's here.

i think the reason is by reporting on oversea's football but not A-league they are saying that oversea's football is great but A-league sucks which creates more eurosnobs

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Article from Offsiders journo 

Analysis: A-League the Loch Ness Monster of Australian sport
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-20/hinds-a-league-the-loch-ness-monster-of-australian-sport/9676950

"I was among those who figured Ten would bolster the A-Leagues profile with cross-promotions from the BBL and innovative production.

Instead, Ten's programmers seem determined to treat the A-League as a contractual obligation until Sydney FC plays Lisa Wilkinson in the midfield"

I know its a serious article about the down trend which makes great points..... but seriously that line  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

Can anyone post the link to Vitor Saba's comments on Popa article I read in a thread here somewhere, I can't seem to find it. I think it was an article from ABC Sport.

Thanks

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/01/15/wanderers-reject-saba-slams-bully-popovic

20 hours ago, dcrow said:

A nice mention about how our club and how we embraced the people of Western Sydney in the LA Times. 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-lafc-fans-20180427-htmlstory.html

I like this statement from the LAFC chairman 

“When you build an organization, you build a culture,” said Peter Guber, the entertainment magnate who heads LAFC’s 30-member ownership group. “Culture is your business plan. Culture is the people. The stadium’s great — all the flags and all the banners and all the scarves.

“But the culture endures.”

He seem to get it.

14 hours ago, FCWanderers said:

I like this statement from the LAFC chairman 

“When you build an organization, you build a culture,” said Peter Guber, the entertainment magnate who heads LAFC’s 30-member ownership group. “Culture is your business plan. Culture is the people. The stadium’s great — all the flags and all the banners and all the scarves.

“But the culture endures.”

He seem to get it.

#LAFCChairmanIn

I've decided I can't stand Peacock. I used to think he got it, but his continual defence of VAR on twitter, and now his comments about the Victory coaches "they came on the field and got involved with a player, 4 weeks is about half of what they deserve. If I did that on the weekend, I'd be out for the rest of the season" have just reinforced to me that is nothing more than a little, simple company man.

It took Andy Harper to say that context matters, and that he didn't see the coaches go directly for Carney, that they were celebrating and then on the way back it escalated, and we don't know what David Carney's role in this was.

I find it so strange that they have been banned and no-one has bothered to see what Carney's role was. Like if someone is accused of something but that is the end of it, no investigation, judiciary, nothing. Just decide a punishment.

Totally agree with you btron.

I just listened to abc radio on the way home. Heaps of hand wringing with two blokes whose names i forget but nobody made any mention of carney.

Carney is a grub and it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he ignited something. De marigny was a grub too back at marconi, but 'think of the children' drama was a bit over the top. 

• mack locked this topic