Gombau Sacked By Wanderers

2 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

Arnie is taking over at socceroos and may want his own guys so hopefully ffa would release milicic now (if that was the stumbling block last time and not $).

Bring him in and get some stability and pride back in the place.

ummm .............have you seen our player turnover? we have never had stability and you are acting like every season we have had the same list of players, popa never had falling outs with any player and we never had a dip in results, take off the rose tinted glasses, that said the popa era was more stable than the gombau era but there was never any stability with the wanderers

11 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

ummm .............have you seen our player turnover? we have never had stability and you are acting like every season we have had the same list of players, popa never had falling outs with any player and we never had a dip in results, take off the rose tinted glasses, that said the popa era was more stable than the gombau era but there was never any stability with the wanderers

Popa just refreshed the entire squad every season. :rofl::woah:   That didn't exactly indicate stability.  

Edited by MeurantsLane
28 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

you don't think that hiring milicic would stabilise the club? knows the club, the players and the fans, would hopefully be a long term appointment

fair enough goat player turnover was there under popa but we didn't stumble from crisis to crisis with no apparent direction like we have over the past 6 months. I just can't agree with anyone who says that they prefer the gumby clown show.

My post was pro-milicic anyway rather than anything to do with popa - its rarely a good idea to go back.

Edited by lloydy136
12 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

you don't think that hiring milicic would stabilise the club? westie, knows the club, the players and the fans, would hopefully be a long term appointment

fair enough goat player turnover was there under popa but we didn't stumble from crisis to crisis with no apparent direction like we have over the past 6 months. I just can't agree with anyone who says that they prefer the gumby clown show.

My post was pro-milicic anyway rather than anything to do with popa - its rarely a good idea to go back.

i was more referring to you saying bring stability back but you are right with popa we had our fair share of player vs coach moments, pretty much every single moment someone was getting "the treatment" but the entire squad was never against him like it seemed to be with gombau, for me gombau brought in amazing signings and i was excited to see who he would sign for next season but popa was the better coach by far in terms of squad management, matchday prep and virtually everything else so if we could get someone with both those advantages i would be happy with that

honestly dont want milicic purely because i am wanting a big name coach signing like the one we were meant to sign before gombau, but if we have to go for some local guy milicic will do but i have a feeling he is just popa 2.0

44 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

Good stability between S1 & S2. But that is all.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic