Duke Wins Derby

5 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Re: subs

Who was on our bench last night? Tass, Tate Russell, Ziegler. Three defensive options that were not used.

The reason was clearly to teach the eleven on the park a bit about discipline, grinding a result out, and persistence. Could have easily taken off Yeboah for Russell perhaps so that we had extra legs in defence and has some energy to push forward if needed.

Sends a message to those sat on the bench also. That this 11 are putting in everything..they are grafting out results and if you want a starting place in this side you are going to have to ******* earn it.

We were getting smashed in the middle of the park. When we needed a cool head or two to play out and retain possession we turned it over and let ESFC  back at us. I was wanting a few more subs or two..but glad it is what it was.

Edited by Smoggy
2 hours ago, Stokz said:

Not sure why Babbel hasn’t made more subs, in both Victory/SFC games, Meier and Yeboah both look very tired towards the end.

Would of been a good to throw on Grozos at least. Last 10 mins or so. Then Ziegler last 5. 

Because the game was still in  the  balance.  Grozos has hardly played and Ziegler hasn't played at all. If we were up 2 nil then possibly. 

i had a big sleep so took me ages to reply, how the **** did we win that? we should have lost 1-6 :P so proud that we won but we got dominated 95% of the match was dominated by sydney fc Lopar was covicly i wanted to say godly but covicly seems much more appropriate, i had about 12 heart attacks during the match

sydney fc fans on their forum were complaining about how the ref was against them and the goal line decision could have gone against them i dont think we will know if it was ever over the line or not but it wasnt conclusive enough then it goes the way of the original decision, proud of the team even if in general we played terribly

9 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Because the game was still in  the  balance.  Grozos has hardly played and Ziegler hasn't played at all. If we were up 2 nil then possibly. 

Was talking to Stringer & others nearby re bringing Grozos or Ziegler on. Of the two, if Babbel had brought them on, would've much rather see Ziegler with his defensive capabilities & experience. However as you say with the game in the balance and both subs short of a run Babbel gambled and won.

2 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Going by what Babbel said in the post-derby presser I think we can safely say Snakes will be given a chance to find a new club as soon as he's fit.

Asked about the team he said "Also important now...we have a goalkeeper".

giphy.gif

Same applies to Nizic.

Edited by MathyouWSW
4 hours ago, Stokz said:

You could tell Pirmin has played in proper derbies before. Going in hard, giving them grief, trying to annoy them, proper mongrel but very smart about it, it was a proper derby performance and something we’ve lacked for years now.

Well said. Only other thing I'd add is that you could see the whole time he was perfectly calm and in control, whereas Grant et al were going full rabid. 

To be perfectly honest, i was actually worried he was going to talk himself into a yellow card the first 20mins or so. If it was your standard A-League ref, he would've then gotten a 2nd yellow and sent off in the second half.

Faghani had a great game - now if only FFA/new A-League org can get him to train the other refs to such standards.

this isnt about the match but about the pyro during half time i was on the top stand about half way up and i felt the heat instantly i mean its not like i was worried i was going to be set on fire i actually felt quite cold and it was nice to feel but the speed the heat hit me and the amount of heat i felt was impressive,it was just really weird to feel

A few of us (me included) previously expressed hope that access to the active standing area not be sold on a purely one per seat basis, but that it be based more realistically on its greater standing capacity - moving us away from the vacant terracing look of our old home. Last night it looked pretty full - just the way it should be.

So, does anyone know if access to the area was adjusted for standing?

13 minutes ago, echidna said:

A few of us (me included) previously expressed hope that access to the active standing area not be sold on a purely one per seat basis, but that it be based more realistically on its greater standing capacity - moving us away from the vacant terracing look of our old home. Last night it looked pretty full - just the way it should be.

So, does anyone know if access to the area was adjusted for standing?

nah people just walked in with other tickets

15 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

this isnt about the match but about the pyro during half time i was on the top stand about half way up and i felt the heat instantly i mean its not like i was worried i was going to be set on fire i actually felt quite cold and it was nice to feel but the speed the heat hit me and the amount of heat i felt was impressive,it was just really weird to feel

I don't see the point of this at half time, it should be 5 mins before kick off I think.

26 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Going by what Babbel said in the post-derby presser I think we can safely say Snakes will be given a chance to find a new club as soon as he's fit.

Asked about the team he said "Also important now...we have a goalkeeper".

giphy.gif

MB means business, sad about Vedran and his op, hope it goes well for him and that he makes a quick recovery, will never play for WSW again.

9 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

nah people just walked in with other tickets

Could this explain some of the empty seats? Also noticed that the outer bays of the standing area were participating in few if any of the chants - tourists?

Edited by Zakman
6 hours ago, wendybr said:

PS Not sure where you were at the old stadium, Taurus, but in my last season down the Southern end, a bit further to the South than you were last night, there were definitely no sounds reverberating from the RBB. All you could hear was the sound of people chatting.

That's what I whinged about over and over again. :(

Bay 47 represent.

Directly behind the WSW bench, for those whose memories may be fading  

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

:lol: Well- it's not good enough for Western Sydney and Daniel Lopar - after a game like that!

Come on - you can give us a "fantastic" or "brilliant", can't you - just this once? :lol:

He did get saved by the woodwork on at least 2 occasions.

He still has plenty of areas to work on

55 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Bay 47 represent.

Directly behind the WSW bench, for those whose memories may be fading  

That's where I started... for the first 3 seasons.

So moving to the other end of the stadium was a shock - when I realised how little we accessed the noise and excitment of the RBB.

27 minutes ago, EmMac said:

I know many think we were  lucky but I'm with Bozza on this; last year we would have conceded, crumbled even, under that onslaught. But we took our chances and scored. And due to skill, depth and quality of this squad we were able to defend like muthafaaarkers, soak up the pressure and win the game.

My one compliant was our sloppy turnovers. Gotta do better to keep the ball.

But, we're only just getting started, were going to get better and win more games. 

those turn overs were killing me during the match :P we just didnt want to keep possession

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic