Markus Babbel Sacked

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Well...he knew it wasnt  the B L before he came, surely.

He was here to make the standard of football better ...for one club at least.

You’ve got to understand that we are using google translate to understand what he is saying, many of the subtleties & nuances are lost in translation from German to English, let alone google translate.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Yea Babbel definitely does not like Bossi. The Foxsports podcast with Duke confirms the relationship between Babbel and JP was and still is really good. Must be careful with journo like that because those stories can really unsettle the club.

Journo needs to be careful too.. only 2 clubs (soon to be 3 in the city) if our club refuse to give him anything he’s down to 1

53 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Lols at the ftbl article from "staff writer"....

Bossi is/was a SFC/cove member. His bias is not even subtle and is practically a meme nowadays. 

Not sure why staff writer *cough Bossi cough* thought the need to say it's a false claim.

He probably isn’t a paid member I expect he gets free tickets anyway 

2 hours ago, tardotz said:

I don't believe that when he is saying the level of football he is just referring to the player's skill level. I think he means the the A league as a whole,  fixtures, salary cap, referees , VAR etc etc

Just wish he unloaded more  on VAR and KGJ more that's all, he's just a very diplomatic  dude.

2 hours ago, tardotz said:

I don't believe that when he is saying the level of football he is just referring to the player's skill level. I think he means the the A league as a whole,  fixtures, salary cap, referees , VAR etc etc

Yes but definitely including players, skill and tactical awareness

6 hours ago, wendybr said:

Might just be the wonky translations, but there are a few observations there ^^^ that might raise eyebrows.

The Bavarian interpretation is different to the English translated version in a number of areas. 

We may not have heard the last about the Bossi 'character assassination' article

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

Bossi is/was a SFC/cove member. His bias is not even subtle and is practically a meme nowadays. 

Not sure why staff writer *cough Bossi cough* thought the need to say it's a false claim.

I doubt that will help him, if he needs to engage professionals to prepare a defence 

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

There is another staff writer Con who is definitely a member of the Cove. Both should get convicted for fake news.

The sad thing is that 45 months, 22 days have passed since our GF loss in 2016 and the standard of football we play has risen only a small amount, if at all.

We are now in our 4th season of mediocrity....6th the best the year after the GF and even worse since. The club is not in a good place. This cannot be just on the managers head. .

I wonder if the players will ever put their hands up to accept part blame ? There are times when it's the fault of the indians not the chiefs.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

The sad thing is that 45 months, 22 days have passed since our GF loss in 2016 and the standard of football we play has risen only a small amount, if at all.

We are now in our 4th season of mediocrity....6th the best the year after the GF and even worse since. The club is not in a good place. This cannot be just on the managers head. .

I wonder if the players will ever put their hands up to accept part blame ? There are times when it's the fault of the indians not the chiefs.

We are on our 4th set of Indians it’s the chiefs chief that’s the problem 

7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We are on our 4th set of Indians it’s the chiefs chief that’s the problem 

We just aren't good enough on the pitch. It might just be me but I would expect a certain level of skill for people who do this for a living. For the majority of times we don't show it on the field. Tbh the skill level of our players is woeful at times. Are we that poor in quality coaching at grassroots level..?

( some of our imports were terrible as well. )

Edited by sonar
56 minutes ago, sonar said:

We just aren't good enough on the pitch. It might just be me but I would expect a certain level of skill for people who do this for a living. For the majority of times we don't show it on the field. Tbh the skill level of our players is woeful at times. Are we that poor in quality coaching at grassroots level..?

( some of our imports were terrible as well. )

We have really lacked a leader, someone with experience (preferably a big centre back) that leads the line by example and bleeds red and black, a Brosque type at ESFC or a Beauchamp / Topor type combo. We have so badly need that type of leader to get angry and drag the team along, it is what Brosque did for ages at the Smurfs. Brosque (as much as we might have disliked him) was a Wanderers type player I always think, he should have been ours and leading us and what we would give for that type of player.

Making Hamill a captain was a joke and as much as I love Duke's enthusiasm he isn't the leader / captain I am looking for either.

Edited by Smoggy

https://www.kicker.de/767649/artikel/babbel_es_war_gluecksspiel_unter_freiem_himmel_

Int. Soccer

Babbel: "It was gambling under the open sky"

Interview with ex-Bayern released in Sydney

Babbel: "It was gambling under the open sky"

30822_3puljz9ick_y4qllbt9z63b5isa_.png
21.1. - 14:23

Monday was over. After the 0: 1 against Perth Glory the day before, the third zero in a row, Markus Babbel (47) was released at the Australian first division team Western Sydney Wanderers. There he had taken over as head coach in May 2018. In the current table, this club takes ninth place in the classification with eleven teams. At 6th place, which enables the desired participation in the play-offs, there are currently four points behind. The kicker spoke to Babbel, who is still in Sydney.

Markus Babbel, fired from Western Sydney Wanderers, is upset with the Australian referee.

Markus Babbel, fired from Western Sydney Wanderers, is upset with the Australian referee.imago images

kicker: Mr. Babbel, have you already coped somewhat with your dismissal?

Markus Babbel: What is decisive for me is how this separation went: honest, straightforward, clean. The people in charge here are great, this step was extremely difficult for them. Board member John Tsatsimas told me he couldn't look me in the eye. This farewell affected the people in the leadership, it hurt them. It was nice to feel that you left something there. So I really wanted to say goodbye to the team personally and also with a video message from the fans.

kicker: How was this decision justified?

Babbel: It was foreseeable after these results. And if you don't deliver results, it doesn't really matter how they came about. Football is a result sport.

Eight points were stolen from us due to wrong referee decisions.

MARKUS BABBEL

kicker: Why did these negative results come about?

Babbel: Eight points were stolen from us because of wrong referee decisions. Now I can say it out loud; if I had done it beforehand, I would have been blocked. It was an outdoor game of chance with these referees. My wife recently asked me if I still enjoyed the job. Working with the team: yes, but I couldn't look forward to the games because the referees were so bad. And these unbelievable wrong decisions have the consequence that coaches are fired - just like Marco Kurz recently. And the problem is: Nobody gets upset about these referees in Australia, football doesn't have the same status as rugby or Australian football.

kicker: Were there sporting reasons for the previous record and four points behind play-off place 6?

This station has definitely brought me further - as a trainer and as a person.

MARKUS BABBEL

Babbel: We only had 50:50 games apart from first-placed Sydney FC - and then there were penalties against you where there was never a foul. With eight points more, we would be fully involved in the competition for the play-offs. Not much is missing. With a different speech and training, the turn may come and the team goes through the roof.

kicker: How do you feel about leaving this station?

Babbel: I am extremely grateful that I was able to do this job. This station has definitely brought me further - as a trainer and as a person.

kicker: To what extent?

Babbel: For example, how heavy the salary cap ...

kicker: ... so the upper salary limit for players ...

Babbel: ... exactly how difficult it is to handle when new players have to be brought in. The players here have also changed a lot, in the past it was machines like today in rugby or Australian football, but not today. Football is a sport in Australia, a father pays around 1,500 euros a year for his son so that he can play football in the club. Australia's football will soon get the bill for it.

kicker: And on the human level?

Babbel: This diversity in this country, this multiculturalism, this willingness to help, since everyone is somehow in the same situation, plus ten months of sunshine a year - all of this does something to you as a person. I am very open, colorful - it was an absolute experience to live here.

The team must finally come out of the curd.

MARKUS BABBEL

kicker: Which season goal was realistic for you with this squad?

Babbel: The qualification for the play-offs, which is still possible with 14 outstanding match days. The team has the quality, you just have to keep pushing them. Now she must finally come out of the curd, otherwise it will not work. And in the beginning she was more solidary. Ultimately, however, it is still a question of class - otherwise these players would not play in Australia. And the best are at the front runner FC Sydney, Melbourne City or Perth. That is why a club like the Western Sydney Wanderers has to promote youth more and narrow the gap between the first team and the U21. We pushed that. The players who failed in Europe won't get you anywhere.

kicker: Why couldn't former Bundesliga striker Alex Meier, from whom you had hoped a lot, help you?

Babbel: A lot went wrong, for example, his life partner and son were not given a visa. It was better for everyone involved that there was a separation. The solution was clean.

The football here is already weak.

MARKUS BABBEL

kicker: Was the concept with the former Bundesliga players Meier, Pirmin Schwegler, Nicolai Müller and Patrick Ziegler the wrong one?

Babbel: It depends on what a player wants here. Since professionals from Europe are used to playing only with good, ball-sure colleagues, it is difficult to maintain your own level here. You are quickly frustrated because the football here is already weak - except at Sydney FC, where Alexander Baumjohann is under contract.

kicker: How is your ex-club going now?

Babbel: My assistant coach Jean-Paul de Marigny took over for the time being. He has experience and is a good man.

kicker: What's next for you?

Babbel: I'm going on vacation for a while, I don't feel like the bad weather in Germany yet. We stay with the family until May in the country, of which I have not seen so much. We'll make up for that now. And then we come back to Germany.

kicker: Was it never an issue for you - even though you like it so much there - to stay in Australia?

Babbel: I wanted to experience it here and dive in, but staying was never an issue. It was clear from day one that we would be back.

These fires are a disaster for the country.

MARKUS BABBEL

kicker: In view of the conditions in Australia, are you also somewhat happy with the fires that it has ended?

Babbel: Definitely not. The work was too much fun for me, but it was affected by the fires. There were always days when the smoke was in the city and you couldn't go out the door. Then the fire alarms went on in the city. But solidarity among people was phenomenal. Thank God it was raining now. These fires are a disaster for the country, but the Australians are to blame, unfortunately they do nothing for climate protection. You have to rethink, otherwise such disasters keep coming back.

Interview: Karlheinz Wild

On 20/01/2020 at 2:58 PM, GlobalWarning said:

do you really have to be a jerk too? its bad enough ******* turner is being a dick but i do kinda expect it from you while turner less so because turner has shown himself to be a decent human from time to time

I wasn't trying to be a dick. There's more I wish I could say.

Although there are limited options.

1 hour ago, Pup55 said:

Prepared to give Meier a bit of slack.

If your personal life isn't sorted off the pitch, there's no way your performance on the pitch can be at it's absolute best.

Would be interested to see why his wife and child were denied visas?

Immigration officials are esfc fans....

Same deal as with Ziegler