0-0 Draw Sees Wanderers Crawl Top

Squanderers turned my headache into a migraine but we're still on top despite no striker and still our have our premiership destiny in our hands.

Can we swap this ref with Ben Williams forever please?! How he picked up the Bruce Kamau dive was amazing! And it was a clear dive even before Reddy stuck a leg out.

would have been a penalty if Kamau put his body on the line instead of diving in self preservation or trying to milk it,reddy got lucky there but yeah that ref had good eyes to spot the dive which was a great call on reply.

Until Sotirio came off, it was like we were down a man - that's how useless he was! He gave not one decent contribution. Popa's persistence in starting with him is mystifying!

Also what the hell is it with the members. Huge game, Saturday night, perfect weather - are you going to tell me all 4000+ members missing tonight had other engagements?

Edited by Zakman

From my spot in bay 55 I saw Bridgey's shot in goal already - just to see it go wide instead. Un-bloody-believable. The nail biter season continues.

It's as if all the top four teams were very polite and none wanted to win a few games and to go first.

"You go".

"No, you go first."

"How about you?"

"Nah, you can."

"C'mon, you go first."

Edited by bombagol
Guest redwhiteblack

From my spot in bay 55 I saw Bridgey's shot in goal already - just to see it go wide instead. Un-bloody-believable. The nail biter season continues.

I was in 55 too and So much this.

For some reason I was so convinced for a split second that it was actually a goal, I hallucinated the side of the net rippling and started celebrating.

Then the ball just kept going, and the net didn't move.

Oh and by the way, those yobbos getting pissed on mid strength beer and throwing chips at young women need to f*ck off.

Why do I get the feeling we have just lost the premiership with that draw? I know we are now top and all but I just have this niggling feeling we needed a win tonight.

Have to agree .We needed 3 pts tonight. We now have to win the last three games and with 2 games away it's not going to be easy.

Adelaide and city play other. Brisbane and city too I think. At least one of them have Perth.

We're still in control.

Given that we have not scored freely for at least a couple of years, we are lucky to be where we are.

WSW are lowering my life expectancy, we should've won that by double figures. There was a point in the second half where we actually started having a shot rather than trying to walk the ball into the goal which was positive. Still need more shooting though. I'd already picked my missus up in celebration when Bridgey hit that shot at the death and then had to awkwardly lower her down...

Delivery into the box was better than usual, we just weren't getting any venom on the end of it. I thought everyone put in a good shift still, Alberto is an absolute beast and covered everything at the back. Sotirio is kind of growing on me purely through his defensive work rate but still does nothing for me in an attacking sense. Overall we had them from the very start, I can't say I was worried at any stage about them.

I found the support tonight incredibly underwhelming.

The march was so small as we all gathered at the start, I haven't seen it like that in a long long time, was bordering on awkward. Numbers picked up slightly as it went on but hardly anyone was singing or even joining in, most were just there for a walk. Half the people who were given flags completely missed the point of what you're supposed to do with one and just held it perfectly still in the air the whole way like a statue. Wave the bloody thing!! The grandstands seem like they couldn't care any less about WDWSF these days, it's the most half assed response unless you do it the minute after we score.

I didn't recognise a single person around me in our usual spot in bay 57 tonight, dunno what the go was there but none of these people sung or made an attempt to join in. You know there is a problem when you've got the southern end basically full yet there's only a crowd of 15k. Time to start asking questions of these members who are never showing up cause it's getting ridiculous.

The support just feels a bit stale for me at home games at the moment, not enough people getting involved.

So many randoms in the crowd tonight. Annoyed the crap out of me  :nono: 

- Calling 'shoot' anytime one of players crossed the half-way line

- Abusing Castelan all the time but pronouncing his name 'Row-me-o' instead of 'Raw-Mayo'

- Getting up every 10mins to go get a beer. This has to be the most annoying thing ever! 

- Had a bunch of guys come and try to take seats that weren't theirs. Claimed their seats had been taken so instead of asking them to move, they go and take someone else's seats. Go figure. None of us were buying it.

While it's good people want to come to games, there's a plastic element that I hate. 

I know it might be unpopular, but give me an 10k crowd of passionate regulars over plastic, big game crowds everyday. 

this, there was one idiot spending most of the game filming the RBB instead of watching the match

also the RBB were the loudest i have heard at some points during the match

For some reason I was so convinced for a split second that it was actually a goal, I hallucjinated the side of the net rippling and started celebrating.

Yep. I have never used this phrase before but I can't even. I. CAN'T. EVEN.

In RBB we often have a poor view of the game, but from 55 Bridge was perfectly placed directly across the goal from us, the best view to see the winner go in. It was going in when he hit it. It was going in when it was halfway to goal. Two metres from goal it was in. One metre from goal it was in. Every single person around us was jumping to celebrate - three minutes into stoppage time, 3 pts clear at the top, just watching for the ripple of the net to confirm what we already know is happening. And then...

No.

What? How?

It's nearly 4 hours afterwards and I still can't believe it missed. It looked like it was going to the hit the net where the back joins the side netting, that's how far inside the post it was. It must have curled a metre and a half in the last nanosecond. Never in all the time I've been watching football have I been more sure a ball was going in only to see it sail wide.

**** it.

It's as if all the top four teams were very polite and none wanted to win a few games and to go first.

"You go".

"No, you go first."

"How about you?"

"Nah, you can."

"C'mon, you go first."

what are we ******* Canadian?

That Castelen shot as well, in 55 I thought it was either going to hit me in the face or go in the goal.

Wish it hit you in the face....My cucumber pic would still be up....  :ninja:

Jokes...I'd rather a goal....  :woah:

Just watched replay and 'that' decision....I know I said it before but that decision was the best refereeing I have ever seen in A league history. To hear the ESFC Fox crew crucifying the referee and the decision has just confirmed to me...Fox can go get rooted and I hope Optus get it next year as well so I can be done with the oxygen thieving ESFC biased commentary once and for all... :angrycovic:  :arniesalt:

That thing that it will all feel better in the morning after a good sleep....nyet

Feels like we've been losing but still on top. Weird support and atmosphere. Maybe it's disappointment over unfulfilled potential yet we seem to do just enough to get through. Glad I booked Victory trip and Wellington. Proving decisive.

So many randoms in the crowd tonight. Annoyed the crap out of me :nono:

- Abusing Castelan all the time but pronouncing his name 'Row-me-o' instead of 'Raw-Mayo'

I know it might be unpopular, but give me an 10k crowd of passionate regulars over plastic, big game crowds everyday.

Add to that the people who want to give Reddy a serve for playing out rather than hoofing it (which often ends with a turn over, and that's somehow better), and you've summarised my pet hates. It gets worse game after game.

And the woman behind us who said get rid of Castelan and brings back Dino?

:stonedtrifiro:

Edited by SomeGuy1977

So many randoms in the crowd tonight. Annoyed the crap out of me  :nono: 

- Getting up every 10mins to go get a beer. This has to be the most annoying thing ever! 

- Had a bunch of guys come and try to take seats that weren't theirs. Claimed their seats had been taken so instead of asking them to move, they go and take someone else's seats. Go figure. None of us were buying it.

While it's good people want to come to games, there's a plastic element that I hate. 

Agree.

The % of tourists and sponges in the rbb last night was only short of the derby. **** it's frustrating.

My personal favourites are:-

- random muppets who choose not to Poznan

- people who buy an active membership so they can sit around in 54 and talk.

And definitely the winner last night were the gaggle of squawkers behind us who spent the entire game discussing their social plans. When the chanting got louder they heroically gibbered even louder to compensate. Their determination to have a chat was able to overcome the impediment of a football game and active support happening around them (not to mention some very direct 'advice' from Mrs lloydy on what they should be doing). Kudos to them.

The supporter marshalls should do something useful and tell these clowns to either participate or head to a more appropriate section of the stadium.

For some reason I was so convinced for a split second that it was actually a goal, I hallucjinated the side of the net rippling and started celebrating.

Yep. I have never used this phrase before but I can't even. I. CAN'T. EVEN.

In RBB we often have a poor view of the game, but from 55 Bridge was perfectly placed directly across the goal from us, the best view to see the winner go in. It was going in when he hit it. It was going in when it was halfway to goal. Two metres from goal it was in. One metre from goal it was in. Every single person around us was jumping to celebrate - three minutes into stoppage time, 3 pts clear at the top, just watching for the ripple of the net to confirm what we already know is happening. And then...

No.

What? How?

It's nearly 4 hours afterwards and I still can't believe it missed. It looked like it was going to the hit the net where the back joins the side netting, that's how far inside the post it was. It must have curled a metre and a half in the last nanosecond. Never in all the time I've been watching football have I been more sure a ball was going in only to see it sail wide.

**** it.

I thought about that comment you made, and then remembered this:

when that ball got cut back... oh geez

I just woke up, and I finally figured out why Bridgey's shot went wide. It was deflected by the Daily Telegraph's invisible phantom match commissioner. The guy that is being discussed in the security thread.

Regarding the social comedians Lloydy mentioned: one of them actually was watching the game, and he did call Castelen a black something. When I turned around and looked at him he lowered his voice and eyes and said "I am black, I am black". He wore an Emirates jersey.

I just woke up, and I finally figured out why Bridgey's shot went wide. It was deflected by the Daily Telegraph's invisible phantom match commissioner. The guy that is being discussed in the security thread.

Regarding the social comedians Lloydy mentioned: one of them actually was watching the game, and he did call Castelen a black something. When I turned around and looked at him he lowered his voice and eyes and said "I am black, I am black". He wore an Emirates jersey.

That's a pretty piss poor excuse to be racist

If we go all the way, the headline will surely be; WSW win the Hyundai A League despite their inability to Shoot Faarkin

We got a point, but its like swimming through treacle. *shrug* I can live with that, tho I wouldn't want to cement that as our go-to approach for next season.

Anyway, today, we're top of the league. :woah:

And finally, every time Castelan got the ball I couldn't help thinking, just pass the damn ball. I have great respect for him, he has skillz, but the outcome of his passes/effort is pretty dismal. His decision making is just not working IMO. 

people collecting the daily terrorgraphs after the game...people will cop any old **** if its free

wtf?

:smurfpoint:

props to the guy who collected it then went onto the grass outside the main gates and promptly tore it up  :good:

That's awesome, you'd think they would learn - this happens near every week now.