Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

22 hours ago, FCB said:

In my estimation Tass is already a more competent CB than Hamill. Add a Spira, Dylan McGowan, with Elrich as a backup, and we are sorted. If we've signed the Torrejon guy mentioned a few weeks then we will have to wait a bit longer for an announcement. His club is in the play offs for BL promotion.

What seems more urgent is an alternative to the current fullbacks. They are either a little old (Georgievski, Elrich) or a little too young (Cordier, Tass), or a little too out of position (Kamau). We are one injury away from being in trouble.

After signing Schwegler we don't need to think about a Gentner any longer.

Signing BL2-based players is difficult. They are used to earning big bucks, and they are only coming if they actually want to come. Schwegler, Ziegler, Broich - money is/was not their main motivation. The trick is to find the guys who fit that bill. 

In the worst case scenario where Zeigler doesn't get Aussie citizenship quickly enough, what  positions would you use the last three foreign spots on?

My three would be centre back, central midfield and striker.  In the No 10 role  Troisi might be a chance with Muscat gone.

When I look at who we have at the moment and the positions needing filling I feel slightly pessimistic but hopefully that will disappear after the signings become known.

1 hour ago, papersun said:

In the worst case scenario where Zeigler doesn't get Aussie citizenship quickly enough, what  positions would you use the last three foreign spots on?

My three would be centre back, central midfield and striker.  In the No 10 role  Troisi might be a chance with Muscat gone.

When I look at who we have at the moment and the positions needing filling I feel slightly pessimistic but hopefully that will disappear after the signings become known.

Striker 

then depends on what we can fill with quality Australians 

But we are desperate for another centre back, so probably that 

Although if we can fill that with Australian then GK

Actually scrap that sexual marquee who pack the stadium and alone will be worth the price of your season ticket to watch 

Edited by StringerBellend
6 hours ago, papersun said:

Depends where MB sees the need. What we are hearing is rumours about okazami, and Krishna/kosta, plus torrejon. That would just about fix attack and defence, but would mean we are playing with a false nine. 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Depends where MB sees the need. What we are hearing is rumours about okazami, and Krishna/kosta, plus torrejon. That would just about fix attack and defence, but would mean we are playing with a false nine. 

I'm envisioning a very fluid rotating front 3 as all our targets and current first choice wide players have a good eye for goal more so then their crossing ability. Yeboah/Duke plus Krishna/Kosta/Okazaki whoever we end up with out of those 3 interchanging up front to confuse markers could cause havoc because they all know how to find the back of the net.

Okazaki reportedly looking for a "slower pace" to finish out his career - and then later in the article it suggests Serie A or La Liga??

Surely the A-League would fill the bill :good:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/leicester-boss-rodgers-explains-okazaki-exit/3tm6sb9bbpe716opga1eouy2s

1 hour ago, Jefski said:

CCM must be either desperate or blind. I was at that game at Gosford and only God knows what they saw in him.

He was absolutely dreadful in that, he had one good half for us against sydney other than that he looked like he has one a “play a game for the Wanderers” competition

20 minutes ago, Taurus said:

He was an injury replacement for O'Doherty, so was on the unwanted pile before we offered him a lifeline.

I'd be disappointed if we offered him another contract. 

A very cheap squadie at the most very best.

1 hour ago, Frankos187 said:

Out from left field....

Mehbratu as cheap ST with foreigners used elsewhere?

Juric as ST with foreigners used elsewhere?

Milligan and Mehbratu currently doing a coaching course in NSW I believe....

I think the way you spell his name is pretty much how a lot of people would feel. Meh.

Mebrahtu's stint for FK Mlada was superb which is why AC Sprata Plague signed him. But he has seem to been a flop there and barely getting game time.

Babbel was interviewed and mentioned that he thinks Juric won't be coming home after the contract ends with Luzern.

Milligan would be great, him and new signee Schwegler would be a lethal duo in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Out from left field....

Mehbratu as cheap ST with foreigners used elsewhere?

Juric as ST with foreigners used elsewhere?

Milligan and Mehbratu currently doing a coaching course in NSW I believe....

Mebrathu has glass knees. Also many of his goal came because he was playing in a hoof ball setup. He was scoring on the break because he’s so damn fast.

I’d take him in the squad but I wouldn’t pin my hopes of winning a season on him.

Juric I have a bit more faith in. We would need a very good AM to bring the best out of Juric, Duke and Yeboah though.

Tbh I don't think Juric can hack a full HAL season. He is too fragile unfortunately and spends half of any season out injured. We need durable players next season so we can get some continuity and put out the same team for as many games as possible. Playing in summer here on hard pitches is hard enough without being somewhat injury prone to start with.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic